• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 2024 Severe Discussion

Slight risk out for portions of TN, AL, and GA this evening IMG_8587.png

Reactions: SD
Level 2 threat for NC, SC and FL today. Level 3 in TX and OK.

View attachment 147740
If the hrrr that just ran is correct my backyard should see a cluster of strong storms right over cape fear region that dumps a ton of rain. Imagine a few of them might be severe as well. Already had a big storm roll east along the southern beaches this morning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240515_072902_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240515_072902_Chrome.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 2
It's going to be a level 0 if we don't get out of this soup this morning.

That said seems like this setup is going to favor along and S of 40.
We broke out right behind a storm that rolled south of me this morning. Getting plenty of sun down here right now and the hrrr is still giving me 3+ totals tonight

All the sun did here was lead to a faster initiation big cumulus is going up now so the storm should be breaking out all over the Cape Fear area

And the level 2 risk has been moved south of the Triangle. Maybe I will actually get a storm now.
Sort of confused by the MD saying the fronts down along the NC/SC border and storms will be along and south of that amd them they issue a STW for areas well to the north of the border.

In line for potential hailer inbound

Attachments

• KLTX - Super-Res Reflectivity 1, 5_36 PM.png
    KLTX - Super-Res Reflectivity 1, 5_36 PM.png
    362.4 KB · Views: 14
Really getting hard to believe the SPC outlooks for around here when they end up dropping the risk and there's not any storms at all. I am talking specifically for my area. That's two times in a row they had a level 2 risk here only to drop it and there not be any storms at all. And that happens more often than not now.

Back