• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2023 Tropical thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
High pressure over the NE can lead to lower pressures in the sw atlantic

Interesting. Normally the phase “ridge over troubled waters” implies a large expansive Atlantic ridge and a Cape Verde threat to the mainland US. That model he posted does not show that.

Just random thoughts and I may be way off but if severe weather, which used to occur in April/May seems to be occurring later in the year here recently. Could we see a shift in peak tropical activity to later than September 10th-11th?

Interesting. Normally the phase “ridge over troubled waters” implies a large expansive Atlantic ridge and a Cape Verde threat to the mainland US. That model he posted does not show that.
Not to speak for JB but i think he means that a large high in the NW atlantic will cause lower pressures in the sw atlantic. It doesnt mean that there will be an expansive ridge everywhere. He is referring to inclose development, not MDR systems

Not to speak for JB but i think he means that a large high in the NW atlantic will cause lower pressures in the sw atlantic. It doesnt mean that there will be an expansive ridge everywhere. He is referring to inclose development, not MDR systems
I think you’re right… he used the term back in 2018 right before Michael developed as a home grown storm.

The gfs and icon have this as well though not all in agreement on intensity and placement

ecmwf_mslp_pcpn_watl_64.png

icon_mslp_pcpn_watl_60.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_watl_52.png

The GFS would be by far the most concerning. Since all 3 agree on a hurricane developing in this time frame and all 3 saying it will be strong i think we will see another hurricane forming. Where and how strong is TBD

GFS with shots over the bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously the 6z op run is just eye candy but the fact the Euro has been showing a storm in its long range at least shows some level of consensus that the tropics may not go on hiatus like some were suggesting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230901_072522_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230901_072522_Chrome.jpg
    505.9 KB · Views: 16
Obviously the 6z op run is just eye candy but the fact the Euro has been showing a storm in its long range at least shows some level of consensus that the tropics may not go on hiatus like some were suggesting.
Icon has it in about the same place as the 0z. Idalais remains are more west

icon_mslp_pcpn_atl_40.png

If we get a system heading west across the Atlantic, I believe a trough probably does eventually spare the EC but, one of the reasons models have it getting closer now is probably the fact that Idalia is finally getting out of the picture. Long way to go but *could* have a nice long tracker coming up next week

If we get a system heading west across the Atlantic, I believe a trough probably does eventually spare the EC but, one of the reasons models have it getting closer now is probably the fact that Idalia is finally getting out of the picture. Long way to go but *could* have a nice long tracker coming up next week
If we get the kind of predominate ridging that the LR models are showing over the next couple of weeks, I like our chances of getting hit again. Your concern about a trough kicking it out is well-founded, though.

If we get the kind of predominate ridging that the LR models are showing over the next couple of weeks, I like our chances of getting hit again. Your concern about a trough kicking it out is well-founded, though.
Yeah I'd actually lean towards an EC threat but it's so far out, hard to imagine a trough doesn't pass through at some point this time of year. Now will it be timed just right, who knows..... honestly my gut tells me we aren't done with TCs for this year for whatever that's worth lol

Yeah I'd actually lean towards an EC threat but it's so far out, hard to imagine a trough doesn't pass through at some point this time of year. Now will it be timed just right, who knows..... honestly my gut tells me we aren't done with TCs for this year for whatever that's worth lol

Yeah plenty of bath water left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back