• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2023 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The saying it's not the heat but the humidity is 100% true. I've loved the summer so far. Nice cool morning in the upper 50s low 60s and even the upper 80s have felt comfortable. Now that the humidity is here it's making the low 70s feel uncomfortable.

It will be interesting to see what we all end up with five days from now in comparison to the model projections from yesterday.
I bet a few winners will score big time but I can't seen widespread totals living up the hype. I'm at .39" for the past few days.

Glad some folks are racking up. It sure ain't me. I knew better than to expect 7 inches but even by 2-3 may be high for this place. The HRRR was right about the line but it's sw of where it was modeled and isn't moving at all so @JHS might have been onto something for his yard and up my way Screenshot_20230620_184403_RadarScope.jpg

Glad some folks are racking up. It sure ain't me. I knew better than to expect 7 inches but even by 2-3 may be high for this place. The HRRR was right about the line but it's sw of where it was modeled and isn't moving at all so @JHS might have been onto something for his yard and up my way View attachment 135536
Our only hope is that this stuff gets more stratiform, which probably will not be happening.

Our only hope is that this stuff gets more stratiform, which probably will not be happening.
Probably not. I doubt your area will even get one drop for the event. Probably not for the rest of the summer. I hope they can figure out to divert a river or something into the area so that you don't dry up completely.

I hate everything. It's clear I'm not getting much from this event may as well forget about it. Peace out folks. Might drop in Friday to update my final totals of less than an inchKGSP - Super-Res Reflectivity 1, 11_53 PM.gif

I've never been more excited in June about this upcoming winter than I am today....?‍♂️

How do east based nino's and -PDO's usually work out for us....

Have we ever cancelled winter in June before?

ostia-all-globe-sst_anom-7305600.png

I've never been more excited in June about this upcoming winter than I am today....?‍♂️

How do east based nino's and -PDO's usually work out for us....

Have we ever cancelled winter in June before?

View attachment 135550
I cancelled last week. Warm and dry up here during moderate to strong Nino

I was wondering what was going on and why it wasn’t pulling up the past few days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back