• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2023 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This the rare whamby post in summer complaining about not warm enough temps during a hot stretch. There's a place waaay down south where all the bad people go, maybe that will be warm enough for you ?
Nah I’m just makin fun of the people who find 70s and 80s too hot and think summer starts in March … where are you referring to Thor?

Nah I’m just makin fun of the people who find 70s and 80s too hot and think summer starts in March … where are you referring to Thor?
That would be banter for the religious thread. Soak it in Lick days getting shorter. Feels like the 4th weekend out there. Just need some storms around this afternoon.

That would be banter for the religious thread. Soak it in Lick days getting shorter. Feels like the 4th weekend out there. Just need some storms around this afternoon.
Better be careful or you’re going south … I’ll call you in as a jan 6th protestor and you’ll be down there in a heartbeat

It's been a nice summer until the last few days. But these last few days is why I hate summer. I don't know how anybody enjoys this! Low to mid 80s with low humidity is still plenty warm enough for all summer activities. Doesn't have to be this way! This humidity is just miserable and combined with the high sun angle is unbearable and the dews are only right around 70. I feel for you folks in the eastern Carolinas where the dews are pushing 80. Rant over

I love how the thunderstorm chances always go from 60% 3 days out down to 20% the day of. Almost half way through met summer and if the second half is like the 1st half I'll end up with less than 8 inches for the summer.

I love how the thunderstorm chances always go from 60% 3 days out down to 20% the day of. Almost half way through met summer and if the second half is like the 1st half I'll end up with less than 8 inches for the summer.
Pretty amazing how different from my side of the upstate; I've had over a foot in the past 3 weeks. I'd give you some of mine if I could.

Pretty amazing how different from my side of the upstate; I've had over a foot in the past 3 weeks. I'd give you some of mine if I could.
I'd love to have it. Had 3.1 in June and 0.6 in July so far. The big wet didn't deliver here and the pop ups aren't doing much. Most of the time they fall apart coming off the mtns and reform off outflows south of 85

It's out there a long way, but the GFS is showing a monster ridge over the country and even into Can. Somehow, we only get to the mid 90's here but parts of Iowa get close to 115. I am going to say it does not verify.

It's out there a long way, but the GFS is showing a monster ridge over the country and even into Can. Somehow, we only get to the mid 90's here but parts of Iowa get close to 115. I am going to say it does not verify.
The GFS has been way overdoing the heat, especially in the long range. The 6z run shows 99 for CLT as soon as this Sat but that should be way off. I'd bet those numbers you're seeing have almost no chance.

The GFS has been way overdoing the heat, especially in the long range. The 6z run shows 99 for CLT as soon as this Sat but that should be way off. I'd bet those numbers you're seeing have almost no chance.
Probably not, but if the 500MB pattern was just little different you would have a 597 DM ridge right over us. That would mean 100-105 for many of us and very little chance of storms. I have not looked at 12z yet to see what it shows. Thankfully this is WAY out there for now.

Edit: The 12z GFS is nasty but it's still days 11 and beyond so plenty of time for it to change.

Seems like that happens every year.
It does. It gets very old. Missed again today. Storms formed south of me off the mtns. It's so hard to get consistent rain here in summer. My totals the last 2 years were decent but that doesn't tell the whole story. There were some days with big totals where it added up but an awful lot of 10 day plus dry spells in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back