• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2022-23 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else thinks its a bit strange no one has created a Hurricane Ian thread yet?

Anyone else thinks its a bit strange no one has created a Hurricane Ian thread yet?
It's created, my guess is you have the member that started it on ignore.

It's created, my guess is you have the member that started it on ignore.

Oh right, I forgot about that feature. Thank you.

For my 1,000th post I would like to remind everyone of a few things:

Winter Solstice is 86 days away...
Rates will overcome...
Wet bulbs are not flowers ...
To have snow you need a solid dendritic growth zone...
It can snow at 40F and rain at 30F...
Fear the NW trend...
What happens at H5 is very important...
Watch that Sun angle, son...
Everyone hates a dry slot...
Some WAA is needed for a good snow...
"Enjoy the weather, it's the only weather you've got!" - Joe "Bathtub Slosher" Bastardi

Last edited:
Had to change a$$ to something else people complained about language

Most complainers are only here for 15 foot snow storms now. Maybe we can have seasonal filters?

Well, crap. I was hoping for some significant rains from Ian. Looks like I'll be watching for a frontal passage in about 10 days. It's getting dry, but that's not really all that unusual for September and October in Georgia. I don't see anyone west of Augusta getting any significant rain from Ian. He's heading to SC/NC. Congrats Carolina folks, you win, again...always the Carolina's that get the best weather. I'm not worried about Florida. They've been preparing and building for hurricanes for decades now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back