• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s not even really any MUcape over the boundary on the HRRR at 00z sun, which is different vs the RAP/NAMs/euro

If you haven't already, please respond to the poll. I am planning on creating the thread in April.

@SD
If it rains and track conditions make it so the drivers don’t have any traction (either so slick or so muddy), or the track is in a condition where mud would be slung into the ducts and cause the cars to overheat, the race will have to be stopped. It likely would take a couple of hours to get the track ready to race, but it would depend on the amount of rain. The track is sealed in a way by those packing cars, so the hope is that rain runs off the banking without creating a mud pit. So far, the biggest concern would be a freeze and thaw because that would bust off the top of the track, requiring more tilling and work.

Interesting. I really want to see how this goes. I turned by the irace the other night and it didn't look like it was going very smooth
Lol that was hilarious. Doubt the actual racing looks anything like that, but the carnage could. They had a great time just messing around in the irace

Reactions: SD
So here's what I've figured out for my race that I continue to scream into the void about. Roughly 5 hours of racing scheduled on Saturday with the truck/cup heats and truck race. 60 total minutes of track prep between races. Bob Pockrass tweeted 2-4 hours of track prep needed to get track ready if a heavy downpour. So assuming it does indeed rain at Bristol on Saturday, will need a total 8 hours of dry weather...

So here's what I've figured out for my race that I continue to scream into the void about. Roughly 5 hours of racing scheduled on Saturday with the truck/cup heats and truck race. 60 total minutes of track prep between races. Bob Pockrass tweeted 2-4 hours of track prep needed to get track ready if a heavy downpour. So assuming it does indeed rain at Bristol on Saturday, will need a total 8 hours of dry weather...
Watch a real sport, like hockey or fishing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back