• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's crazy to be on the beach on days that have no breeze or a morning land breeze that flips to a sea breeze midday. Like turning on the ac

In the morning it's so calm and the stagnant humidity is just oppressive, but by noon that breeze starts kicking in and you begin wondering if you anchored your canopy is well enough.

Yeah I swear Havelock (where MCAS Cherry Point is located) has to be one of the Thunderstorm Capitols of ENC. If there is one place it is going to rain then that place is Havelock lol. Man we had an epic one probably almost 10 years again now. We kept getting trained with heavy downpours and the most lightning I have ever seen in my life. Rained 10 inches in about 4 hours a lot of localized flooding. I work on Cherry Point so there always seems to be a storm brewing about the time work lets out during summer months.

EDIT- Found the event on the local WFO page. Way back in 2009 geeze. Here is a link https://www.weather.gov/mhx/Aug122009EventReview

Last edited:
I live in eastern central Pitt Co and we get the sea breeze often though it is usually late in the day. I can sit on my front porch many afternoons and see it to my east its a very evident boundry most days and you love to feel that east breeze when and if it makes it this far inland. Usually hits around 6-8pm when it does and cools it off right at sunset....

I feel like the only thing that ever over performs here is the stupid wind

Folks, be taking your allergy meds now for the pollen thats about to come.

Hate it when pollen accumulation exceeds our snow totals. :(

Lol the NASCAR truck series race at darlington in May is called the liftkits4less.com 200
One thing Ive never figured out. We call people that play a piano, a pianist. We call people who play a guitar, a guitarist, people who play the keyboard, a keyboardist. Why dont we call people who race a racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back