• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My summers at Myrtle, at least with seabreeze. Early morning full sun with a few cumulo-stratus type clouds that rapidly develop cumulonimbus with downpours for a few hours, then back to beach under sunshine.
Sea breeze fronts can make it all the way inland to wake county during the summer at times . Best storms , heck the better quality of storms just going down to Greenville is noticeable .

Last edited:
How does seabreeze work anyways?
Think of it as this, the land heats up and it’s hotter than the surrounding ocean water , so the air rises and you get low pressure . Whereas the water is under more high pressure . Air flows from high to low pressure , so a sort of mini cold front forms as cooler air from the ocean filters in. I’ve been on the beach where it was storming 200 yards down from me perhaps while I chilled Lol. It’s epic. The pattern reversed at night with low pressure being further offshore . Sorta monsoonal in nature .

Hopefully I explained that sorta well . Just recalling off the top of my head .

Another thing I like about seabreeze is the stark contrast between blue skies and the cumulonimbus. As Lick said, you can chill in the lounge chair while 5 miles away theyre getting an inch plus of rain under a cumulonimbus that lasts an hour or so.

Another thing I like about seabreeze is the stark contrast between blue skies and the cumulonimbus. As Lick said, you can chill in the lounge chair while 5 miles away theyre getting an inch plus of rain under a cumulonimbus that lasts an hour or so.
It's crazy to be on the beach on days that have no breeze or a morning land breeze that flips to a sea breeze midday. Like turning on the ac

Coastal places in North Carolina average over 7 inches of rain during peak summer months of July and august ! That’s what that sea breeze does , epic ain’t It? It’s also probably why Raleigh ever so slightly has a decent peak of precip in that period as well. Unlike CLT which peaks in like June or something with drier summers !

Coastal places in North Carolina average over 7 inches of rain during peak summer months of July and august ! That’s what that sea breeze does , epic ain’t It? It’s also probably why Raleigh ever so slightly has a decent peak of precip in that period as well. Unlike CLT which peaks in like June or something with drier summers !
You keep on convincing yourself that storms here are weaker, but climo says otherwise bro, your storms are weakasfuq, look at those severe averages near CLT 8BE3EA58-B97B-45E2-AE95-3649D51A2815.pngC80B8D1B-4C0C-40E5-AC33-837B8DBCD3A6.png955094E0-BDA6-49C4-B257-718F723DC21E.png

You keep on convincing yourself that storms here are weaker, but climo says otherwise bro, your storms are weakasfuq, look at those severe averages near CLT View attachment 79974View attachment 79975View attachment 79976
Those aren’t from tropical type storms though. That’s just from your position near the mountains and more continental air lol. Lightning density would disagree ! Notice Florida ? It ain’t severe , your severe with places like PA lol! Strong storms huh!

The problem I have is that I like the tropical summers with the beach nearby. If $$ wasnt a problem, Id have a place in the mountains of Maine for a winter and a place in West Palm beach for summer. Although, Wrightsville on south to Charleston fill that tropical need for me.

Those aren’t from tropical type storms though. That’s just from your position near the mountains and more continental air lol. Lightning density would disagree ! Notice Florida ? It ain’t severe , your severe with places like PA lol! Strong storms huh!
Sure man, strong storms, CLT is microburst capital of the SE, oh and lightning density last year here was high

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back