• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by Ga being left out?

It just seems like Georgia wx folks are always few and far between.

But then again, we do suck. Not much to talk about.

Oh. And to the NC folks. Smart asses are my people. Including that lickwx clown. It’s not a bad thing. Far prefer the NC folks.

I don’t understand what the big issue with 2 threads is, it’s literally just clicking back and forth 3 times, everything isnt gonna be spoon fed to you in life
@SD good decision on the threads

What's the big issue with reading everything on one thread and not having to go back and forth with multiple threads on the same system?

Like I said, if it's going to be like that there might as be separate forums for each state and a forum where folks can discuss the progression of a system for every state in the SE.

Oh. And to the NC folks. Smart asses are my people. Including that lickwx clown. It’s not a bad thing. Far prefer the NC folks.
If lick is a clown I must be one to, per climo

What's the big issue with reading everything on one thread and not having to go back and forth with multiple threads on the same system?

Like I said, if it's going to be like that there might as be separate forums for each state and a forum where folks can discuss the progression of a system for every state in the SE.
Because I’m posting what’s happening tomorrow, and people are posting what’s happening today, and it’s chaos, and you know, when you seperate a thread for Obs and another one for tomorrow, it creates a thing called organization

Because I’m posting what’s happening tomorrow, and people are posting what’s happening today, and it’s chaos, and you know, when you seperate a thread for Obs and another one for tomorrow, it creates a thing called organization

How is it chaos? people can't read and determine what is happening? It creates needless going back and forth between separate threads on the same system. Might as well just have individual forums for each state then.

Regarding GA vs NC posters, that's very likely because GA gets a lot less wintry precip than NC.

From my perspective, there's been plenty to discuss and I've thus been posting a good bit. I don't just post about wintry precip or severe. There's much more to wx discussion than those imo.

Respectfully, I don't think today is the day for that discussion. Regardless of how today turns out, there's high traffic and if we can avoid any more confusion I think that's best. The messages that need to get across need to do so without being cluttered by thread location arguments
Also having 1 severe thread creates high traffic as well, when it can be more localized and specific with more threads. ;)

Having one thread for what's ongoing and a second one for forecast discussion is normal as I recall and makes the most sense,
That's one solution for sure. Either way, having 1 thread for a 1000 mile radius isn't the most logical method. SleetCity was already complaining about the traffic in a thread he was on.

Regarding GA vs NC posters, that's very likely because GA gets a lot less wintry precip than NC.

From my perspective, there's been plenty to discuss and I've thus been posting a good bit.

My obvious winter wx bias might be a factor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess people can't be bothered to read what's happening in another state because their ADHD is so bad and it throws them all for a loop and then they can't decipher the posts that are about their state. Now those that actually care about how a system progresses in the SE from state to state have to go back and forth from thread to thread to see what's going on instead of having everything simple and in one thread for a system. Hell, why don't we just have separate boards for every state if that's the way it's going to be.

I don't recall any complaining. SD already settled this issue to begin with.

Yes, it was settled by keeping the obs in the same thread. We didn't have separate threads for winter events and obs in a separate thread. It was all in one big thread for each system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back