• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I would like to add that hurricane evacuees all crammed together in New Orleans like Katrina would be very deadly with the delta variant out there. We could end up like India .

^ I would like to add more details and maps too let me
In there

I believe this will end up being a very deadly storm. The post covid holiday rush to the beach near the Fourth of July and rip currents will kill many from the Caribbean into North America. A recurve east of Florida would still be deadly esp off Myrtle Beach. I think the NHC needs to warn of a possible hurricane not sure 60mph TS that rarely happens they need to increase the wind speeds soon. This is a very dangerous storm.
I’m glad this was kept in here
1625161803262.gif

I was in the water last weekend and it was still kind of coolish
This has nothing to do with how tropical systems tho. They stir up in much deeper waters offshore than what we swim in. There’s a map that will tell you what can be supported (cat 3 major) can be done even stronger actually where this is headed in the short to mid ranges.

This has nothing to do with how tropical systems tho. They stir up in much deeper waters offshore than what we swim in. There’s a map that will tell you what can be supported (cat 3 major) can be done even stronger actually where this is headed in the short to mid ranges.
I realize that I was just giving my experiences playing in the sand last weekend. But I do know that temperatures need to be 83 to 84 degrees in the water for most hurricanes to blow up. That said, a massive hurricane would not be a surprise because of enough upwelling would occur, but it is still unlikely.

Can this become a major Hurricane .. sure.. but there’s an equal and even maybe more likely chance this is nothing and out to sea … next
Not according to NHC. Caribbean people first then Florida. NHC struggles more with strength than track. There’s a lot of land in the way maybe so doesn’t matter if it’s a major or not until it re-emerges on which side of Florida no one knows but I believe in the Gulf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back