• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone Levi Cowan will be updating us this weekend on the tropical waves in the Atlantic. His job doesn’t cover that ocean so there may be something important he has to say when he does a video for us via Twitter plz post when it’s out

Hey Everyone Levi Cowan will be updating us this weekend on the tropical waves in the Atlantic. His job doesn’t cover that ocean so there may be something important he has to say when he does a video for us via Twitter plz post when it’s out
Is he sponsored by Bojangles?

This year is trending to more and more weather extremes has anyone noticed? Pacific north west heat 120+, Texas killer cold, Atlantic hurricane season producing earlier stronger than usual African wave train, entire west coast about to drought together, New Mexico flooding and cold, Wilkes county north earthquakes, etc

This year is trending to more and more weather extremes has anyone noticed? Pacific north west heat 120+, Texas killer cold, Atlantic hurricane season producing earlier stronger than usual African wave train, entire west coast about to drought together, New Mexico flooding and cold, Wilkes county north earthquakes, etc
Normal

A lot more could probably be added to this. Like lack of severe weather and tornadoes ?. Not to mention 2 years of cicadas in Wilkes

Extreme weather seems to be becoming more common. Kinda scary.

A lot of years are boring tho not this year it seems it’s becoming a record year for weather stories I fear hurricane season is going to be one of the worst on record for the US. Watch out Miami, New Orleans, Myrtle beach.

Extreme weather seems to be becoming more common. Kinda scary.
What’s kind of scary is how gullible you are . Weather has always tended to extremes . I could probably sell you some ocean front property in Arizona if you are interested ? George straits has a nice song about the wonderful Arizona riviera .

What’s kind of scary is how gullible you are . Weather has always tended to extremes . I could probably sell you some ocean front property in Arizona if you are interested ? George straits has a nice song about the wonderful Arizona riviera .
Dallas had their coldest weather in over 100 years. Seattle and Portland their hottest weather in over 100 years.

Dallas had their coldest weather in over 100 years. Seattle and Portland their hottest weather in over 100 years.
1989 was not 100 hundred years ago.... Dallas had similar weather that year . Also ok? Our weather record is short , hottest ever , not 100 years btw. Again, short record , as time goes on and the record expands records will be broken time and time again. I bet you also had a giant stash of food and were huddled in a basement for the end of the world in 2012 , Y2K in 2000, etc .

1989 was not 100 hundred years ago.... Dallas had similar weather that year . Also ok? Our weather record is short , hottest ever , not 100 years btw. Again, short record , as time goes on and the record expands records will be broken time and time again. I bet you also had a giant stash of food and were huddled in a basement for the end of the world in 2012 , Y2K in 2000, etc .

The whole west is about to go up like a dried out Christmas tree. Is that just weather too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole west is about to go up like a dried out Christmas tree. Is that just weather too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes by literal definition that is weather . Climate is 30 years . You ever heard of the great droughts of the 1800s? What about the greatest flooding event known to human history in California in the 1800s.... it was weather then too. What did you think weather was like 100 years ago? 86/66 every day in summer and 45/30 every day in winter with 10 inches of snow and 45 inches of rain every year ? 0 deviations ever ? I really think you need to re evaluate your understanding of weather and climate . Get back to me when you know what weather is and what climate is.

If it happens today it would be the worst natural disaster ever. Forget cat 5 hitting nyc, I’m talking 725 billion dollars in damage and nearly half of all structures in California being lost . If anything our short records have missed out on the most extreme events , we haven’t even experienced those yet ... just you wait !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back