• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow a BN summer month sign me up

Anyone that likes 90/70 is touched in the head.....I have lived in eastern NC my entire life, you do not get use to it, the oppressive smothering crap that is June-Aug absolutely sucks, I mean I love walking outside and feeling like someone wrapped a giant hot wet towel around my head.....I live for those rare mid summer cold fronts and afternoon thunderstorms....

Anyone that likes 90/70 is touched in the head.....I have lived in eastern NC my entire life, you do not get use to it, the oppressive smothering crap that is June-Aug absolutely sucks, I mean I love walking outside and feeling like someone wrapped a giant hot wet towel around my head.....I live for those rare mid summer cold fronts and afternoon thunderstorms....
That's why I would rather live in the western half of NC. The weather is much more tolerable than eastern NC i'm sure. Basically anywhere north and west of 85.

That's why I would rather live in the western half of NC. The weather is much more tolerable than eastern NC i'm sure. Basically anywhere north and west of 85.

I love where I live, its home and always will be, but the summers suck.....like bad, as I get older it just gets more difficult to tolerate....I have no friggen idea how people lived here pre A/C days like legitimately do not understand how. I have had no A/C a few times over the years ( after hurricanes or the time my A/C screwed the pooch in mid heatwave ) and trying to sleep when its hot inside even with windows open was a no go.

I love where I live, its home and always will be, but the summers suck.....like bad, as I get older it just gets more difficult to tolerate....I have no friggen idea how people lived here pre A/C days like legitimately do not understand how. I have had no A/C a few times over the years ( after hurricanes or the time my A/C screwed the pooch in mid heatwave ) and trying to sleep when its hot inside even with windows open was a no go.
The months of humidity have to really drain you. I don't even like one day of humidity.

Whole lot easier to live in than the cold that’s a fact! Plus cold summers suck and lack good storms !

Grew up in and around the Chicago area-went to college as far north as LaCrosse. The cold wears on you. The 1st snow is always welcome-then it beats you. Come March the 1st 70 and people get excited... only to be pummeled with an April snow. I get your point but I would take a long hot summer over a winter that reaches into late April...

Grew up in and around the Chicago area-went to college as far north as LaCrosse. The cold wears on you. The 1st snow is always welcome-then it beats you. Come March the 1st 70 and people get excited... only to be pummeled with an April snow. I get your point but I would take a long hot summer over a winter that reaches into late April...
I don't like either really. Long, hot summers and Long, cold winters both suck. The US has a lot of great attributes but the weather is not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back