• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

2021 Banter Thread

I just paid $45 to fill my gas tank up. I can't remember the last time I paid over $40 to fill it up. Any explanation on this?
tenor.gif

Kinda banter... don’t know if anyone watched GOT, but this cover of the theme by these guys is excellent. Tom Morello is a guitar god. Who knew Brad Paisley could rock out??

Grandpa just had a possible stroke after getting surgery done a couple days ago, sigh. I truly hate to say this but he’s showing those signs if you know what I mean.

My uncle had a stroke many many years ago while on the operation table for a by-pass. Afterwards he could only speak in 2 or 3 word sentences and his vocabulary was very limited. He still lived a another 20 years. Don't give up hope.

sorry as much as i read the wx forums i feel i should know this but must have missed it. why do a bunch of people have Brick as their avatar. i hope he is ok and this is just some kind of good natured tribute?

Can y’all go throw my man some prayers... he’s going thru some very rough things. i teared up myself. Please just take some time out of your day and send him some prayers/pray for his aunt/family. ? ---- COVID19 man that ---- is no ------- joke ?

If gas is going to be going up $0.05 every day then minimum wage better be $15 an hour soon. The promise about student debt is not going to become a reality as stated the other day by the president.

I work in the oil and gas industry. Right now prices are spiking because of the severe cold much of the country has been experiencing. Demand has increased dramatically so prices are following for Oil, Gasoline, and Natural gas. Long term, this will probably continue as the new Administration moves toward green energy and cutting oil and gas leases and pipelines. If we don't get it here, we will begin relying on foreign oil and gas again and prices will continue to increase. Not a political statemen but just facts and law of supply and demand.

Oh Mickey what a pity you don't understand. You take me by the heart when you take me by the hand..... (Toni Basil - one hit wonder)

So not to get too serious or deep here but every year during cane or tornado season we get the "tall are bad people wishing for severe weather that hurts and kills people". Its happened on every forum I've ever been on. How come it's ok to wish for winter weather with arguably destroys thousands of cars and injures or kills people at equally high numbers. Saw a stat that said something like 180k ER visits a year due to ice and snow falls. Current death toll in Texas alone is 58. Just as severe as any hurricane or tornado outbreaks.

Currently at work we have a guy out who slipped and broke his leg back in the January snow.

Back