• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Completely lost taste and smell today, and so has a co worker… ----
I lost smell and taste too. taste came back after a week, and smell took about 3. But seeing as i've got a 1 yr old, loosing my sense of smell was a perk. It makes changing poopy diapers a breeze. My wife lost her sense of smell too. It was like a temporary invincibility to my farts. I don't think our marriage has ever been stronger than it was during those 3-4 weeks! Lol. Also, it was really cool to take shots of Apple Cider Vinegar and laugh as it just tasted like water.

I do. Samsung Smart things. Also acts as hubs for zigbee and zwave which are used in home automation smart accessories like switches and plugs.

I also get an app that shows me network topology, which device is on which Access Point. I can set different restrictions for different devices. Also, i can give out passwords that expire after a certain period of time, and can limit what that device can access. IF I give someone the "Main" password, they can communicate with everything in the network (other computers, lights, tv... etc etc) If i give them a different password, i can limit and restrict what devices they see. And a 3rd password is guest only. They are only allowed to go straight out to the internet, nothing else.
Good lord, you live in a Holiday Inn?

Cooler than avg may increase odds a little but honestly I don't think it's a huge deal whether it's a warm or cold winter. We can score in a warm or cold winter and all it takes is for one snowstorm to make for a good winter in the south.
You're not completely wrong here, the Carolina Crusher was during a warmer Winter if I'm not mistaken, at least overall it was nothing to write home about until that event.

You're not completely wrong here, the Carolina Crusher was during a warmer Winter if I'm not mistaken, at least overall it was nothing to write home about until that event.
There were two other winter storms before the Crusher and one after it. It was an active two weeks.

This storm was the third of four storm systems to impact central North Carolina during the last two weeks of January, 2000. This two week period featured an active winter storm pattern that featured a deep trough over the eastern U.S.. Winter storms impacted North Carolina on January 18, 2000; January 23, 2000; January 25, 2000 and January 30, 2000. The January 25, 2000 storm was preceded by a rather weak storm that dropped up to an inch of snow and some freezing rain across the North Carolina Piedmont on January 23.

1634756503411.png

1634756524348.png

1634756546556.png

1634756584071.png

There were two other winter storms before the Crusher and one after it. It was an active two weeks.

This storm was the third of four storm systems to impact central North Carolina during the last two weeks of January, 2000. This two week period featured an active winter storm pattern that featured a deep trough over the eastern U.S.. Winter storms impacted North Carolina on January 18, 2000; January 23, 2000; January 25, 2000 and January 30, 2000. The January 25, 2000 storm was preceded by a rather weak storm that dropped up to an inch of snow and some freezing rain across the North Carolina Piedmont on January 23.

View attachment 93035

View attachment 93036

View attachment 93037

View attachment 93038

Tell us the story again please??

The bus one

That was my freshmen year of high school. The forecast called for rain, and instead we got freezing rain. I went to get on the bus and slid walking across the street. Then when the bus stopped to pick up someone else, the parent told us they canceled school because of freezing rain. The bus turned around to take us back home, but got stuck trying to go up a hill. We were stranded, so the bus driver went to an auto repair shop and asked if we could use the phone to call our parent to come get us. Then the phone went dead because of ice before I could use it. We waited on the bus until a deputy sheriff came by and stopped. He ended up taking me and another guy home in his car. After I got home there were wrecks all over the place, including four or five cars that slid off the road into the ditch in front of my house. That was the quickest I have ever seen ice accumulate and one of the biggest busts here when it comes to winter storms. Of course, the Carolina Crusher beats that one as the biggest busted forecast ever.

Back