• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

One movie that shouldn't disappoint will be Matrix 4. Really looking forward to that one!

Agreed I was pretty disappointed, Michael Myers was more like an action movie star in some parts too, that's not his MO. Rotten tomatoes which isn't always a great source but they agree it was a disappointment.
Yeah, especially at the end. He was more like a villian from the comic book movies, or a martial arts expert.

I've instituted a policy over the years of Seasonal Blocking, and no not the North Atlantic type. Around this time of year I block all the posters claiming prolonged warmth, no winter, ❤ ? posts etc. Also people that live in places that get snow. It's more about my insecurities, I have a weather station I know it can't snow at 80 degrees. So to many see you next March/April. Fro is too informative so can't block him haha.
See you next year then! And not because I live in an area that gets snow?

Anyway went for a little hike today less than 10 minutes from my apartment
IMG-20211019-140134779.jpg

IMG-20211019-135558000-HDR.jpg

IMG-20211019-135426093-HDR.jpg

I'm taking a hike Thursday. I can drive up to 3 1/2 hours one way out of Columbia and I'd like something a little strenuous but nothing I can't do without a walking stick and some effort. Up to 12 miles (or a bit more) is fine. I'd love to see changing leaves. Any suggestions?

Don’t you got a semi mountainous area nearby ? Looks like your perhaps on top of some elevation in that first picture . Also interesting is the forest looks different than what you would see further east .

Yeah it's about a 300 foot peak above the parking lot. It was quite a little hike. I went straight for the peak but they have a bunch of trails there of various difficulty

There's some bigger mountains in SE Oklahoma and toward Arkansas. In the city it's mostly just random hills otherwise

Whatever I have I’ve spread it to 3 of my co-workers (1 of them left early and the other 2 called out) ? I got tested today I’m sure it’s a sinus infection or perhaps a cold which is definitely contagious but now that’s making me think a bit more

Was on the North Augusta Greeneway for about an hour today. Nice place to walk. Unfortunately at the point where I stopped and turned around, there was somebody that was using a leaf blower, which made what should have been a peaceful place loud.

Best part about being on it for an hour was being in the woods most of the time.

Dodgers will prob win 4 straight. I have zero confidence in my local teams college or pro. Too many heartbreak.
Hey at least Georgia is always among top teams in the nation . I don’t think you understand how hard it is for any team in college football to break into the top that isn’t Alabama / Georgia

Back