• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

I’ve said this many times…big events never work for Raleigh. We need the little garbage 2-3” events.
When the models were a northern stream dominated low amp wave I had visions of a nice stripe of snow across the state with a decent sized area of 4-6 and a general 2-4 for most. That was going to be a huge win especially with the cold following

Last edited:
I should have noted...this to me is probably going to be a further SE (NC/VA) event than what happened yesterday....I think another ice storm is in the cards.

Edit: I may eat that "further SE" comment....this could end up in Cleveland. But we would have to really suck for that to happen...
Yeah with all the NW caveats I'm actually concerned about a significant ice storm.

Raleigh has just lacked an absolutely historic snowfall year in the past 17 years. RDU exceeded 10" of snow about once every 3-4 winters from 1887-2004, yet RDU hasn't done it once since then. RDU has generally had at least one measurable event per year the past decade or so, but most of them have been very marginal or involved significant mixing. We have seen many cities with similar or worse climo get more snow than RDU lately. It feels like RDU and points SE are way overdue for a big storm.

I'm about 5 hours away from my first NAMing with this system lol.

1642723200-VF8fHShLP4A.png

Back