• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Are we pessimists or realists...or is there a difference. Murphys Law for snow in Raleigh...

We suck
Well we suck in these patterns at least . Storms tendency to amp up since we have nothing holding em back means Raleigh is screwed.

Honestly this storm barreled more inland than ones in the past which didn’t have the strong CAD we had . I mean dude I was sub 1000 mb and I swear to you at one point around sunset the clouds began to break up some like we were in an eye . What in the world .
994 here and temps that almost reached 50°

I don't know. But we do know you can't be in the bullseye 6 days out and be in the freezing rain zone 4 days out and get a snowstorm.

How often has that happened...the SE trend inside what will be day 4 for the 12z runs. ?

I do think we see some ice (sleet/frzn) with this event...if you are in to that sort of thing. For me...bring on pre-emergent weather.

How often has that happened...the SE trend inside what will be day 4 for the 12z runs. ?

I do think we see some ice (sleet/frzn) with this event...if you are in to that sort of thing. For me...bring on pre-emergent weather.
These rain events are a good time to go ahead and get it out. Might be a little early but you are guaranteed to not have anything when the SER pops

These are great trends for your area, well anywhere west of 85 actually.
At this rate though it’ll turn into another sloppy 4-5 event with sleet/ice mixed in there, but I’m not even mad at that at all, I’m honestly just wondering how much of the snow and sleet I just got will stick around till that storm

At this rate though it’ll turn into another sloppy 4-5 event with sleet/ice mixed in there, but I’m not even mad at that at all, I’m honestly just wondering how much of the snow and sleet I just got will stick around till that storm

It's been 4 years since I've seen a sloppy 4-5" event...a sloppy 4-5" event would be miraculous for Raleigh.

Are we pessimists or realists...or is there a difference. Murphys Law for snow in Raleigh...

We suck
Yeah, having a hard time with this being modeled right when we have super cold air coming in. To be in the Triangle and have 850 warm nose issues or SER or whatever. Is this a low track matter? I cannot tell what of our usual culprit is going to be this time. That air is cold

Back