• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Welp, I was in Bust City USA for this event. HRRR showed Blount to be in the game and it was not. The WS warnings for Bama were the locations to be and were spot on including places around Valley Head. Hopefully this next event does not disappoint. Also, I think the NAM has performed better for this area based on the Jan 2nd event and this one. Also, map attached of current temps for this area.View attachment 106803
Yep, nothing but cold rain in my neck of the woods. This next system looks to be south and east of me.

I still can't get over the Atlanta airport not having a 6" snowstorm in nearly 40 years. Pretty sure almost every city along the I-20 corridor has had a 6" snow more recent than Atlanta and some areas even south of I-20.
I am 50 and I grew up in southern Clayton County. We had several including 12 inches in 93. So it is a little strange.

I don't know how anyone can freak out. A large chunck of this board just scored. You got all the Arctic air you can ask for surging Southward with overrunning showing up on all models. Potential is unreal.
Move to eastern Wake County and talk to me in 2024. ?

Naw we good it can't go NW Into that arctic air mass ?
Honestly this storm barreled more inland than ones in the past which didn’t have the strong CAD we had . I mean dude I was sub 1000 mb and I swear to you at one point around sunset the clouds began to break up some like we were in an eye . What in the world .

Back