• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

We just can't get/keep deep cold in the Triangle even when it supposed to be the coldest of the season and abnormally below averages.

ICON was weaker and strung out...we like that. ?
That's how we get to where we want want to be. No phase just a shearing srn stream wave with a slowly amplifying arctic wave, Wsw flow over top the arctic boundary, and a jet streak aloft. My goodness that setup prints snow money for areas that are just on the north side of the sleet band where you can really overlap deeper moisture and just enough cold. Not to mention the glacier that forms where someone sleets for almost the whole event

That's how we get to where we want want to be. No phase just a shearing srn stream wave with a slowly amplifying arctic wave, Wsw flow over top the arctic boundary, and a jet streak aloft. My goodness that setup prints snow money for areas that are just on the north side of the sleet band where you can really overlap deeper moisture and just enough cold. Not to mention the glacier that forms where someone sleets for almost the whole event
Not only that but these setups love to over perform with mesoscale banding and associated FGEN, give me FLAT

Back