• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

The owner is letting us stay as long as we’d like at no charge which is nice but it’s rough out there. I made it worse by packing down what little I was able to run over.

I know you’re enjoying this, Heelyes
Change your location your no longer in Alabama ! Ahahaha your stuck here

Why do I wake up this morning with the almost complete assurance that we are gonna find a way to thread the needle the next few weeks and receive a great big helping of fail with seconds available?

Reactions: SD
The owner is letting us stay as long as we’d like at no charge which is nice but it’s rough out there. I made it worse by packing down what little I was able to run over.

I know you’re enjoying this, Heelyes
I hope you have plenty of food.

I'd honestly like to believe that, but for whatever reason, models love to show these ridiculous winter storms with temps in the low 20s to make everybody say, man I can't remember the last time it snowed at 5 degrees around here, and then they inevitably trend toward a normal winter event where we're watching CC radar mode.
"Cold air won't be a problem this time"

To me the differences in the icon are more related to timing of the wave in question for this system and that starts the snowball of changes that nets as a stronger more NW system but the changes between 6z and 12z weren't that large with the overall wave action. At least we aren't seeing a phase ripping it NW yet

Here's another fav

It's trending better at 12. Yeah farther south and colder at 24. Much better cold press at 36. Snow breaking out farther south at 48! Great trends!! Much colder gonna be a big one!!!11!11 Meh, ended up in the same spot.

Why do I wake up this morning with the almost complete assurance that we are gonna find a way to thread the needle the next few weeks and receive a great big helping of fail with seconds available?
I've got a very uneasy feeling that somehow we will completely waste this "great pattern" just like we did in February 2015. It's hard being so close to the action and missing out. I'd rather be in Florida and far removed from the action than be so close and miss out.

That was a great event but I forget at times that it even happened. For some reason it wasn’t all that memorable and I think part of it was that temps warmed up quickly and melted quite a bit of it away that same afternoon.

I just drove southwest to my office on Sandy Plains Rd, there was no snow 3 miles from my house. Tight gradient I guess, similar to the 2020 February storm.

Back