• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

With Satellite TV, the signal has to sent up via radio waves to a Satellite in Geostationary orbit, to only be buffered and sent back down in a radio signal. That's a 44,000 mile round trip. Now think streaming is going over Fibre on land. That's a max distance of 3,000 miles. Less distance means less congestion and waiting for openings to send data. Less congestion means they can send mre and larger data packets (read more pixels) with less congestion on the network.

I was talking about TV haha.

I didn't cancel the Sunday ticket so I'm at $152 I can't complain I guess
Oh yeah, the TV was like $1400ish on sale. But that and my golf cart are the only nice things I have lol

Can somebody explain to me why we still have a severe labor shortage? Aren't all of the extra unemployment incentives done now? Or most of them? Why did we used to have enough workers to do things but don't anymore? They must have all either died or are still getting money from somewhere. I don't get it.

Can somebody explain to me why we still have a severe labor shortage? Aren't all of the extra unemployment incentives done now? Or most of them? Why did we used to have enough workers to do things but don't anymore? They must have all either died or are still getting money from somewhere. I don't get it.
We supposedly have low unemployment rate as well. They keep pushing this because people are quitting for higher paying jobs . Though are there seriously all these higher paying jobs , sitting there waiting on service workers to come grab ? Also fast food chains are advertising like 12-15 dollar starting pays now lol. Even sheetz is offering 18 an hour starting .

We supposedly have low unemployment rate as well. They keep pushing this because people are quitting for higher paying jobs . Though are there seriously all these higher paying jobs , sitting there waiting on service workers to come grab ? Also fast food chains are advertising like 12-15 dollar starting pays now lol. Even sheetz is offering 18 an hour starting .
It's nuts and really doesn't make any sense.

I thinks it's a bunch of factors

1. More social programs and available money than like anytime previously. One goes away and another one pops up.
2. Quarantine hangover and just laziness from sitting around for so long.
3. More homeschooling
4. Fear and Anxiety of being out in society
5. Costs of vehicles and gas are very high so tough to get back out in the world.

I feel like people aren't being pushed because they have been propped up and they need to feel the sting a bit more of not working.

I thinks it's a bunch of factors

1. More social programs and available money than like anytime previously. One goes away and another one pops up.
2. Quarantine hangover and just laziness from sitting around for so long.
3. More homeschooling
4. Fear and Anxiety of being out in society
5. Costs of vehicles and gas are very high so tough to get back out in the world.

I feel like people aren't being pushed because they have been propped up and they need to feel the sting a bit more of not working.
I think you may be right. I was thinking this would sort of work itself out soon. But I'm starting to think this is going to become a structural problem. Places are either going to be forced to pay higher and higher wages until slots are filled or cut services, hours of operation, and/or close down altogether.

My guess is, social programs are here to stay (in general), and things like UBI are just getting warmed up. If that is true, it will be concurrent with higher wages offered for service and retail-type jobs, which means you can completely remove the word "transitory" from the phrase "transitory inflation" and replace it with the word "structural".

Add in continued and worsening supply chain problems, likely even spilling over into the energy markets, and you have a recipe for much bigger shortage issues and higher prices across the board straight ahead.

It's probably not a bad idea to prepare for this as best we can. I'm starting to think we're in for some really rough times.

I think you may be right. I was thinking this would sort of work itself out soon. But I'm starting to think this is going to become a structural problem. Places are either going to be forced to pay higher and higher wages until slots are filled or cut services, hours of operation, and/or close down altogether.

My guess is, social programs are here to stay (in general), and things like UBI are just getting warmed up. If that is true, it will be concurrent with higher wages offered for service and retail-type jobs, which means you can completely remove the word "transitory" from the phrase "transitory inflation" and replace it with the word "structural".

Add in continued and worsening supply chain problems, likely even spilling over into the energy markets, and you have a recipe for much bigger shortage issues and higher prices across the board straight ahead.

It's probably not a bad idea to prepare for this as best we can. I'm starting to think we're in for some really rough times.
Worlds changing . This is the great reset klaus Schwab was talking about . Apparently though the world economic forum is conspiracy though

Worlds changing . This is the great reset klaus Schwab was talking about . Apparently though the world economic forum is conspiracy though

I think there are a lot of elites who want to change the world and now have a window to operate. I'm not sure that will be successful for them, though.

I think there are a lot of elites who want to change the world and now have a window to operate. I'm not sure that will be successful for them, though.
Technology is about to make life as we know it meaningless . When the struggles and goals of life are done by technology , what role do humans play ? This century will see a few things .
1. Religious revivals , probably a giant spiritual movement
2. A return to simple way of life . People will forgo technological ease in turn for what makes life purposeful .
3. Hardship is a thing of the past
4. If you aren’t living in the truth and choose to live in the lie , your world will look a lot like Aldous Huxley “ A brave new world “.

My hippie village is the future . I’m setting it up in Halifax county . Next to @metwannabe property

A labor shortage would come with a low unemployment rate since its based on number of people actively looking for a job.

Nicky are you cranky this morning? It must get frustrating watching all those mirages dissappear as they come under 300 hrs. OR you ate some Cornflakes.

I keep receipts, and I'll be sure to remind you in February when you're complaining about your lack of cold or snow.
?? not cranky at all today excited for football. Not really frustrating I don’t expect real cold until at least late this month it’s just fun seeing them finally come into fantasy land. I don’t keep receipts cause I’m not creepy but yeah I’m sure I wasn’t the only one complaining about a lack of snow last winter but I wouldn’t say we got a lack of cold .. you do remember cold rain CADs don’t you through may too? I guess it was probably onset ice for you for some events. I hope you have a good day smast you need it! I’ll see you in 24 hours (maybe less if we’re lucky) when you complain about your backyard being dry again! ?

?? not cranky at all today excited for football. Not really frustrating I don’t expect real cold until at least late this month it’s just fun seeing them finally come into fantasy land. I don’t keep receipts cause I’m not creepy but yeah I’m sure I wasn’t the only one complaining about a lack of snow last winter but I wouldn’t say we got a lack of cold .. you do remember cold rain CADs don’t you through may too? I guess it was probably onset ice for you for some events. I hope you have a good day smast you need it! I’ll see you in 24 hours (maybe less if we’re lucky) when you complain about your backyard being dry again! ?
You don’t keep receipts because your not creepy but you do keep Shane’s location on your radar ! Hmmm

Back