• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Eastern third of NC is most likely out of this one. I should have known. Even with the HP and CAD moving in and trending stronger on the models, that GFS track inland would ruin it for us. Convince me otherwise.

If we get 8 inches to a foot you can have my admin position
200w.gif

Eastern third of NC is most likely out of this one. I should have known. Even with the HP and CAD moving in and trending stronger on the models, that GFS track inland would ruin it for us. Convince me otherwise.
Ehh, western wake will be fine still. Probably good for a solid 3-4 inches . Now me , I’m prolly screwed and will get 2 inches and Nicky will tell me to “ be happy”. But wait you live in garner . Ooof nvm yeah man I’m sorry lol.

I feel that way too a little but this one is different, that's some very strong CAD, very cold/dry temps, I just think the baroclinic zone will be just off the coast.

You can tell how much the RDU crowd has been burned the last few years. Little to no confidence in anything positive happening for us on any thread/forum
First, I just want to say thanks to all of the members for the great model analysis and play by plays of what might occur for members like me who have a lot to learn when it comes to that sort of thing. There are lots of ways this can go sideways for RDU members, the storm could come inland instead of riding the coast during a classic winter event for our area, the 850s are borderline for the RDU area on some models and the 50/50 transfer might not go as planned. I have my fingers and toes crossed though and even if this weekend doesn't go as shown so far, the longer range pattern shows potential for several events after that. I just hope I get enough snow this time to build a snowman with my four year old granddaughter who loves snow and not a tree breaking ice fest like we had in 2002. Something like March 1980 when I was a teenager would be great.

what is cool about these types of storms is it results in so many young kids turning into weather nerds. i know the crusher in 2000 really kick started my love of weather. nothing better than watching the weather channel in the days leading up to a storm and seeing my profile pic icon.

back on topic, really interested to see if we see models waffle a bit today into tomorrow as our storm is still over the pacific. usually see models lose these around this timeframe only to come back.
It was the blizzard of 1899 that did it for me, those were the days

First, I just want to say thanks to all of the members for the great model analysis and play by plays of what might occur for members like me who have a lot to learn when it comes to that sort of thing. There are lots of ways this can go sideways for RDU members, the storm could come inland instead of riding the coast during a classic winter event for our area, the 850s are borderline for the RDU area on some models and the 50/50 transfer might not go as planned. I have my fingers and toes crossed though and even if this weekend doesn't go as shown so far, the longer range pattern shows potential for several events after that. I just hope I get enough snow this time to build a snowman with my four year old granddaughter who loves snow and not a tree breaking ice fest like we had in 2002. Something like March 1980 when I was a teenager would be great.
I am feeling the same way. I just want to be able to allow my 4 year old son to play in the snow since he hasn't really had a chance to yet. The last time we had a decent snow fall, he was too young to do anything.

ILM snuck in snow chances in their grids all the way to the coast in SE NC. I don't remember ever seeing that this early.

Anyway, if it can snow in Wilmington then Garner is golden right? I think that's a good sign. On the other hand, that might mean the track is too offshore. But at least we didn't lose it to BL issues. ?‍♂️

Kiss of death. My wife is due any minute with our first and my nightmare was that the little guy would show up ahead of or during a potentially epic winter storm that I can't enjoy.
You will likely have some additional chances in the next few weeks before we switch back to -pna dominant pattern.

Back