• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

This pattern has mountains/ and northeast wrote all over it. I have a feeling the southeast will do about the same we did last year.

I will be surprised if I don't see at least two measurable winter weather events between now and the end of Jan IMBY.....eastern NC loves seeing late phasing systems off the SE coast......I love maps like this.....

1641752685952.png

Yea I haven’t seen too much to get me excited yet, the GLs near central Fla look good but everything else seems meh. Not giving up but I see a lot of cold and dry.

Cold and dry is step one and half the battle. The fun starts later. I'd love a long an extended modeled cold and dry pattern. Stuff will pop eventually. Just keep it cold, the rest will come imo.

At hour 240 on the euro another system was coming in. That's three potential winter systems on 12 EURO starting at hour 150ish.
1642593600-urih60L82ls.png
Is….this….a….good…look !!!1641755146362.gif

What do we need for trend to go further south? HP south?
Need that short range TPV in Canada to sink south some more, stronger ridge out west to dig energy quicker and need the energy diving out of can fast like the euro, don’t want to much AN heights out ahead of it otherwise it slows down and would scour CAD

Back