• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Well, going to sit back and wait. It's way out to the 20th before we really get to a really good pattern IMO, then at the end of the GEFS the Aleutian low seems to fade away and the pacific jet looks to start retracting (6Z GEFS). I'm really not confident in a multi-week great pattern, but we'll see. Patience I guess.

I love how we pick and choose models to show what we need! Same nutjobs in here wishcasting warmth! ?

Well, going to sit back and wait. It's way out to the 20th before we really get to a really good pattern IMO, then at the end of the GEFS the Aleutian low seems to fade away and the pacific jet looks to start retracting (6Z GEFS). I'm really not confident in a multi-week great pattern, but we'll see. Patience I guess.

I agree. I don’t see much greatness in this pattern other than some short lived cold shots and marginal events

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s only being slept on by those of us that aren’t in a good position. I would never count North Carolina out of anything.
The overall look at H5 has been trending favorable for everyone on ensembles, especially the EPS, I’m not excited by it but I’m not mad at it either, it’s just a wait and see game

I agree. I don’t see much greatness in this pattern other than some short lived cold shots and marginal events

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I think the really good +PNA/-EPO split flow sets up eventually in some shape or form. Admittedly that could fall apart too being 10 days out, but I think it shows up based on the jet being in the right spot and the Aleutian low consistently modeled.

How long it lasts however I don't feel good about. I want Seattle in December dang it and the trough just spinning over the east for a few weeks. But looking at the end of the ensembles just a few days after the good pattern sets in, I just feel the Aleutian ridge and SE ridge warming up in the bull pen. ? :confused:

The overall look at H5 has been trending favorable for everyone on ensembles, especially the EPS, I’m not excited by it but I’m not mad at it either, it’s just a wait and see game
If this storm does move nw do you think the upstate has a chance at seeing winter wx or is this just a eastern nc eastern sc threat only

I mean realistically the models wont nail down the S/W and stream interaction's with any kind of real accuracy until we are inside 7 days anyways, so fretting over individual "storms" in this range is a waste of time.....overall this pattern is the kind that produces snows in the SE, someone is gonna score big I think.....

Back