• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

The only way you can “almost” guarantee it won’t be a marginal setup. Yeah you have to deal with squashed energy but sometimes you have to toe that dry/wet line to get a good one to pop. ?

Yeah I prefer "cold" snows over paste bombs ( though they have their place ), I want my events like Jan 2018, decent event then good deep cold to keep it around a week...snow with good ratios and temps in the mid 20's. Nothing worse than snow that is melting while its still snowing.....

Legitimate question, how much snow does everyone EXPECT each year. Let's be realistic here and not say something absurd if you expect absurd I'm sorry
One 5”-7” event and a few dustings… haven’t gotten anywhere near that since 2018 but my average is ~6” and considering we’re entering a good pattern, that doesn’t seem too out there

Legitimate question, how much snow does everyone EXPECT each year. Let's be realistic here and not say something absurd if you expect absurd I'm sorry
I would like to get my average each year. However I would settle for one good snow event. Climatology says I average 4" in Jan 2" in February and 1" in March. So far I have only had a trace of sleet and a dusting of snow.

I think what makes this more believable is that we’re already in the process, it would be totally different if we was in a southeast ridge and looked to be for the next 7-10 days then switch cold, that’s when I find things funny. the next 10 days averaged out look slight BN. We already started the process in the pacific days ago

Back