• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

I’m not sure I’ve ever really seen this type of cross polar flow on any modeling that I can remember over the past twenty years. The constant parade of highs straight from Siberia is crazy, and could very well keep things cold for several weeks. i know that it could all fall apart tomorrow, but it’s very impressive to see.

IMHO there is too much overwhelming support on indexes and teleconnections to doubt that a period of sustained cold is coming…let’s see about magnitude and true duration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not sure I’ve ever really seen this type of cross polar flow on any modeling that I can remember over the past twenty years. The constant parade of highs straight from Siberia is crazy, and could very well keep things cold for several weeks. i know that it could all fall apart tomorrow, but it’s very impressive to see.
From this range at least, February 2021, January 2019, January 2018, February 2015, January and February 2014 come to mind with the sfc high signal

Where do you all get these wonderful gifs, and how do I post them? I want in.

And please keep the positivity coming, it's delightfully encouraging.
I search very specific phrases and add gif on the end then look through the results. Typically I end up going down a rabbit hole and saving a bunch for future use. You can click the attach file button
Here:Screenshot_20220108-190444_Chrome.jpg
And load them from you phone

This gfs run missed for the reasons you want to miss at these lead times. It's hard to keep a pattern driven by the pacific with meager to no north Atlantic blocking suppressed. The fact the gfs sheared/suppressed nearly every wave makes me happy if we had repeated bombs across the SE and up the EC we might as well go ahead and send congrats to toledo
☝️☝️this

Back