• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Like driving the football field deep into the red zone and fumbling the ball

We have 11 men on the field, we have a 1st and goal, the wind is behind us, the fans are excited. Our play book has like 2 plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep waiting for the rug pull. Just doesn't seem to want to be pulled.

Kinda agree, think about the huge rug pull last year!! ?. I'm right now choosing to stay optimistic that the general favorable patterns stays. But admittedly, the really good pattern looks to get going about 10 days out. That's a lot of time for something to go wrong IMO. Cold, cold pattern seems to be 2 weeks away. Queue the Peele sweating gif.

GFS looks great. Right where we want it.
Agreed. At this range we're looking at pattern only anyway right? Certainly not a time to go all in or out from run to run...

But who am I to complain? See-sawing reactions are for the whamby thread. So I'll just sit back and enjoy all the highs and lows for the next 8+ days. ?

This gfs run missed for the reasons you want to miss at these lead times. It's hard to keep a pattern driven by the pacific with meager to no north Atlantic blocking suppressed. The fact the gfs sheared/suppressed nearly every wave makes me happy if we had repeated bombs across the SE and up the EC we might as well go ahead and send congrats to toledo

This gfs run missed for the reasons you want to miss at these lead times. It's hard to keep a pattern driven by the pacific with meager to no north Atlantic blocking suppressed. The fact the gfs sheared/suppressed nearly every wave makes me happy if we had repeated bombs across the SE and up the EC we might as well go ahead and send congrats to toledo
Exactly...dont want a bomb modeled yet

GFS looks great. Right where we want it.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man this is stuff @Rain Cold and @Jimmy Hypocracy obsesses over, high pressure high pressure high pressure. LolView attachment 102806View attachment 102807
I’m not sure I’ve ever really seen this type of cross polar flow on any modeling that I can remember over the past twenty years. The constant parade of highs straight from Siberia is crazy, and could very well keep things cold for several weeks. i know that it could all fall apart tomorrow, but it’s very impressive to see.

Back