• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

I’ll give this event a 6/10 just because I kept expectations in check and was just hoping to see snow fall and saw it ! First snows typically aren’t big here anyways
I give it a 9.5/10 because I didn’t expect anything at all before early yesterday. I think we ended up with about an inch on the cars and raised surfaces, but the grass in the fields and woods were nice and white.

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Billings MT
1133 AM MST Mon Jan 3 2022

Musselshell-Treasure-Northern Rosebud-Custer-Fallon-
Northern Stillwater-Powder River-Carter-Northern Park-
Golden Valley-Red Lodge Foothills-Northern Big Horn-
Southern Rosebud-Judith Gap-Paradise Valley-Livingston Area-
Beartooth Foothills-Southern Big Horn-Southeastern Carbon-
Northern Sweet Grass-Bighorn Canyon-Melville Foothills-
Northeastern Yellowstone-Southern Wheatland-
Southwestern Yellowstone-Sheridan Foothills-
Including the locations of Roundup, Melstone, Musselshell,
Hysham, Bighorn, Colstrip, Forsyth, Ingomar, Angela, Miles City,
Ismay, Volborg, Baker, Plevna, Webster, Columbus, Absarokee,
Park City, Rapelje, Broadus, Biddle, Powderville, Sonnette,
Ekalaka, Alzada, Hammond, Belltower, Clyde Park, Wilsall,
Ryegate, Lavina, Red Lodge, Roberts, Roscoe, Hardin, Crow Agency,
Busby, Lame Deer, Ashland, Birney, Judith Gap, Emigrant,
Livingston, Springdale, Fishtail, McLeod, Nye, Lodge Grass,
Pryor, Wyola, Bridger, Belfry, Warren, Big Timber, Melville,
Pompeys Pillar, Custer, Harlowton, Twodot, Shawmut, Billings,
Laurel, Huntley, Broadview, Sheridan, Dayton, Ranchester,
and Big Horn
1133 AM MST Mon Jan 3 2022

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TUESDAY TO 6 AM
MST FRIDAY...

* WHAT...Extended period of bitter cold, periods of snow with
blowing snow and dangerous wind chills.

* WHERE...Portions of North Central Wyoming and Central, South
Central and Southeast Montana.

* WHEN...From 6 AM Tuesday to 6 AM MST Friday.

* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous
conditions could impact the morning or evening commute. The
dangerously cold wind chills as low as 40 below zero could
cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 10 minutes.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The major change will occur Tuesday during
the day with light snow falling as temperatures fall 20 degrees
or more during the day. Wednesday will be the coldest day/night
with low temperatures -15 to -30 with -30 to -40 wind chills.
Thursday looks to be the best day for significant snowfall.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Slow down and use caution while traveling.

We probably have only one shot down in the ATL and it will come in the later half of January. After that, it's back to the December crappy pattern in February and then on to a cool, dry spring. It's the pattern of the decade for us.

One shot for snow, that is. I still think this is an extremely small chance and we are not getting much winter like weather here.

Last edited:
Dear Old Man Winter,

I am very disappointed in you. You repeatedly haunt people who want nothing to do with you. You have recently tortured various parts of Europe over the past few years, you broke records over Antarctica last year, and you gave Texas a bout they won't soon forget. You seem to have attempted to invade every state in the country over the past couple of years, even paying a visit to Louisiana last night and Florida this morning; who normally laughs in your face. However; for all your attempts at domination, you have apparently forgotten one state; whether by intent or accident. If you are so powerful as you think, you'll have to do better than that. No one is truly going to take you seriously unless you correct your omission. So; let's see what you're really made of, let's see if you're a force to reckoned with; or if you're just a pretender, a fake, a fraud, a washed up version of your fathers. I dare you to rise up and show us what you're made of. Show us you are to be taken serious; aye, to be feared. Unleash on that last state and make them pay... if you can. We'll be waiting.

Signed

South Carolina - the winter proof state of America.

Dear Old Man Winter,

I am very disappointed in you. You repeatedly haunt people who want nothing to do with you. You have recently tortured various parts of Europe over the past few years, you broke records over Antarctica last year, and you gave Texas a bout they won't soon forget. You seem to have attempted to invade every state in the country over the past couple of years, even paying a visit to Louisiana last night and Florida this morning; who normally laughs in your face. However; for all your attempts at domination, you have apparently forgotten one state; whether by intent or accident. If you are so powerful as you think, you'll have to do better than that. No one is truly going to take you seriously unless you correct your omission. So; let's see what you're really made of, let's see if you're a force to reckoned with; or if you're just a pretender, a fake, a fraud, a washed up version of your fathers. I dare you to rise up and show us what you're made of. Show us you are to be taken serious; aye, to be feared. Unleash on that last state and make them pay... if you can. We'll be waiting.

Signed

You definitely need to file a formal complaint or contact his superior, because he definitely has it out for you. When you're getting as much snow as the FL panhandle over more than one winter, then something's up.

Dear Old Man Winter,

Signed

Is this a petition? Where do I sign??

We probably have only one shot down in the ATL and it will come in the later half of January. After that, it's back to the December crappy pattern in February and then on to a cool, dry spring. It's the pattern of the decade for us.

One shot for snow, that is. I still think this is an extremely small chance and we are not getting much winter like weather here.
How about no?

Dear Old Man Winter,

Signed

Honestly nothing I'd rather see than Columbia get 20" that stuck for a week, while Wake got NADA (except perhaps seeing 20" in Gainesville (not GA) but that is ridiculous)

Back