• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

My favorite kind of snowstorms are the ones where the low tracks over you and you're waiting on the winds to change direction, convetion near the Gulf to die out, the cold air to filter in over the mountains, the clouds to fully hide the sun, the stationary deform band over the Triad to move east before dissipating, and the precip to fall hard enough to cool the column and get the surface temp down out of the mid-40s. Love it!
bE hApPy

- NickyDweenie

Daughter has a pain in the ass Dentist appointment tomorrow or I'd be driving to the mountains right now.....guess I'm just happy for the rain or whatever ?

Majority of Metro Atlanta looking at Birmingham tonight ???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220102-092029_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220102-092029_Google.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 12
Daughter has a pain in the ass Dentist appointment tomorrow or I'd be driving to the mountains right now.....guess I'm just happy for the rain or whatever ?
How selfish of her . Who does that? Have a dentist appointment on a day it could snow . Geez man . That’s messed up you should tell her .

Something tells me the NAM is overdone for potential severe weather this evening, but who knows.

Not sure what would be worse...being just north of the heavy snow or canooing in 3-4" of rain down in central NC.

That graient is going to be a you know what....

nam-nest-carolinas-total_snow_10to1-1258000.png

Not sure what would be worse...being just north of the heavy snow or canooing in 3-4" of rain down in central NC.

That graient is going to be a you know what....

View attachment 101078
I bet those weenies in DC are screaming what's worse, I need to visit the MA forum just to get a good laugh

Can someone post the link to the nws page that has dew points temps current observations and so on . I can find it to save my life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then you read this from FFC and wonder what planet they are on

expect a transition to
light rain/snow showers and to a period of all snow across portions
of north Georgia between 2-8am tomorrow morning. Portions of the
north Atlanta metropolitan area could see a dusting of snow -
generally less than 0.25 inch with the higher elevations could see
up to 2 inches. As the upper low pulls away from the area Monday,
skies will clear with good sunshine expected across much of the area
by mid to late morning, so any snow should melt quickly.
A planet smarter then us.

I bet those weenies in DC are screaming what's worse, I need to visit the MA forum just to get a good laugh
I remember being on the north side of some of these and the meltdowns are pretty epic, lots of " well I guess I need to move south to get snow anymore...." but they do average about 20" of snow and have nada so far so I get it.

Back