• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Looking like last Feb to me. Atl will not even get to freezing with this pattern still.

acttemp_1280x720.jpg

That doesn’t make any sense whatsoever why would I lie about being where I’m at like I’m from Alabama but moved to Montana….I don’t have to lie about that hell if it wasn’t for my job I wouldn’t even be up here in Montana….
People who troll and are less than truthful think other people troll and are less than truthful too. It's usually a fairly reliable equation.

View attachment 101014
Me waking up to Winter Weather advisories one county north while models warrant me to be under one. I hope 12z brings the damn goods.
Honestly this feels like Christmas 2010. That one looked like nothing until the morning of.

However if you remember, I think a WWA was all most AL had 12/07/17 the night before, then it went to WSW with 2-4”. I got 10”.

Actually this bodes very well for AL.
So you’re saying with spann for a dusting for most of north Alabama. Even our local weather office saying 1-2 inches (And they most the time on the conservative side of things.) When most maps are doing 4-6 inches. I would cut them totals in a half and it still does a good 2-4. You could even further and cut them into a 1/3. That would be 1-3. You know what I am getting at. Lol

We probably should have known a couple of days ago the event would have ended up trending to this. ?

View attachment 101015
We did. Once two different models started amping, it was over.

It's easier to get snow in southern LA than it is here.

Honestly this feels like Christmas 2010. That one looked like nothing until the morning of.

However if you remember, I think a WWA was all most AL had 12/07/17 the night before, then it went to WSW with 2-4”. I got 10”.

ARCC, this reminds me so much of Christmas 2010. I was in gatlinburg for that and these maps looks oh so much the same.

My favorite kind of snowstorms are the ones where the low tracks over you and you're waiting on the winds to change direction, convetion near the Gulf to die out, the cold air to filter in over the mountains, the clouds to fully hide the sun, the stationary deform band over the Triad to move east before dissipating, and the precip to fall hard enough to cool the column and get the surface temp down out of the mid-40s. Love it!

My favorite kind of snowstorms are the ones where the low tracks over you and you're waiting on the winds to change direction, convetion near the Gulf to die out, the cold air to filter in over the mountains, the clouds to fully hide the sun, the stationary deform band over the Triad to move east before dissipating, and the precip to fall hard enough to cool the column and get the surface temp down out of the mid-40s. Love it!
It feels like we’ve been through that scenario once or twice before ?. ?

Back