• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

My birds are going nuts. Gotta get them all the seed I can before we are hit with one foot snow drifts
I noticed the birds and squirrels are bust this morning here too. My first thought was they must know it's going to get cold. Or they're excited because my fig tree thinks it's April. IDK.

Just need 50 mile north shift to miss the deluge...that would be a wingfs-deterministic-carolinas-precip_24hr_inch-1250800.png

I know this is birdbrain level drivel but my wife and I were again just noticing how freaking active the squirrels are. I've never seen this many this active all throughout the day like they have been last 2 days. Mega flizzard inbound
I'm outside every day for a while and I have never seen so many squirrels. I have lived here for nearly 20 years and there are so many more this year. They've been running around like crazy all fall and winter so far.

I know this is birdbrain level drivel but my wife and I were again just noticing how freaking active the squirrels are. I've never seen this many this active all throughout the day like they have been last 2 days. Mega flizzard inbound
Noticed my squirrels doing that too, they are barely moving when I throw my old fruit in their direction, that I enjoy doing so much, I don't think they understand the models like we do, I want to point out to them we are safely in the rain zone.

Waiting on this map to verify

Attachments

• E45CEDBC-15FE-4494-AB3E-DD720946CDCD.jpeg
    E45CEDBC-15FE-4494-AB3E-DD720946CDCD.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 22
I'm outside every day for a while and I have never seen so many squirrels. I have lived here for nearly 20 years and there are so many more this year. They've been running around like crazy all fall and winter so far.
How are the birds acting?

View attachment 101117If trends continue and I hope they do, I can see the watches moved to the blue line I made.
The fact that FFC mentioned the word “overperform” in the update I posted in the obs thread leads me to believe they may be considering a southward extension. At the very least some of those far northern counties may get upgraded to a WSW later tonight.

Back