• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

How about that Aleutian ridge is going to continue to grow and encompass the west coast up to the Yukon out to Hawaii. That is going to dump all that frigid air into the SE around Jan 1st just after our brief warm up next week and lock in until March. Then Anderson SC will have snowstorm after snowstorm and have the snowiest winter on record by far! Is that better?

How about that Aleutian ridge is going to continue to grow and encompass the west coast up to the Yukon out to Hawaii. That is going to dump all that frigid air into the SE around Jan 1st just after our brief warm up next week and lock in until March. Then Anderson SC will have snowstorm after snowstorm and have the snowiest winter on record by far! Is that better?
time to wake up!

Everyone bailing on cold here come the cold model runs

Yeah, I don't know. This seems like an unprecedented and unique crappy situation....the new and craziest way to fail. Record low PNA, stalled out tropical convection, U200 winds acting like phase 6, etc, etc. All equates to being stuck in a constant feedback loop of western trough/SE ridge as far as the eye can see. I'm pretty much waiving the white flag as well. See where we are in the beginning of the year for Mid January. ?️?️

Does sleet no longer count as wintry precip any more? ?
Words get twisted a lot around here. I stated 3” or more of wintry precip systems and I also still have the last week of January still on the table per last update. My new update is tomorrow night. Trying to do 3-6 week forecasts instead of Mets doing the same old December-March forecasts. I believe in breaking winter up into segments and the “when” is more important than guessing total snowfall for the winter for elevations below 3,000ft.

Holy shiz Seattle’s average snow is only 4.6 inches a year!?! That seems a bit off. If that’s true they are legit in the most epic snow pattern ever. That’s literally my average snowfall and I never see snow consistently for 2 weeks. Insane

Holy shiz Seattle’s average snow is only 4.6 inches a year!?! That seems a bit off. If that’s true they are legit in the most epic snow pattern ever. That’s literally my average snowfall and I never see snow consistently for 2 weeks. Insane

Seattle only averages like 38" of rain per year. In this upcoming patter, unless there is a major storm, they won't get more than an inch per day. Their daily winter drizzle will just be snow.

If I were told that I'd get a Seattle like pattern for a while, I'd prefer it in the summer to be honest because I don't like gray, wet, and cold days, especially if it doesn't involve snow.

I don't like that it's going to be really warm next week, but I may take advantage of that and get outside for a bit on one of the days.

What I'd really like to experience is something like 1/28/14 again, but the way we're going, that seems unlikely. Even if I do move a bit further north. That system was just fascinating.

If I were told that I'd get a Seattle like pattern for a while, I'd prefer it in the summer to be honest because I don't like gray, wet, and cold days, especially if it doesn't involve snow.

I don't like that it's going to be really warm next week, but I may take advantage of that and get outside for a bit on one of the days.

What I'd really like to experience is something like 1/28/14 again, but the way we're going, that seems unlikely. Even if I do move a bit further north. That system was just fascinating.
They are getting snow starting on Christmas for like 2-3 straight weeks lol

Back