• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Was thinking about planting some cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, and lettuce, but the weather needs to be cooler.

Damned if you do damned if you don’t at this place sheesh
No kidding. Not sure I'd even worry about looking past when the pacific ridge starts taking a beating and the wave breaking self sustaining/building pattern stops. Anything past that process starting is going to be wildly chaotic as the models try to resolve the higher amp wave action across the conus and how the pacific ridge rebuilds. Doesn't mean we won't go right back into the same type thing but everyone wanted to see the pattern shake up and change, well there it is. I just hope the 12z euro lookslike the 0z run, I fully expect the means to still be warm/west trough/ser as they try to resolve the pacific.

No kidding. Not sure I'd even worry about looking past when the pacific ridge starts taking a beating and the wave breaking self sustaining/building pattern stops. Anything past that process starting is going to be wildly chaotic as the models try to resolve the higher amp wave action across the conus and how the pacific ridge rebuilds. Doesn't mean we won't go right back into the same type thing but everyone wanted to see the pattern shake up and change, well there it is. I just hope the 12z euro lookslike the 0z run, I fully expect the means to still be warm/west trough/ser as they try to resolve the pacific.
Given my locale, I follow what you and Grit have to say with a stern eye. Not willing to punt yet. Im also not interested in March snow unless its the 93 variety, which everyone on this board would love to experience again. Mid Jan and Feb is still a ways out, Im going to give it a chance til then.

I can agree, the current status quo is crappy.

Not a drop of rain the week before I have a week off which never fails. Now nothing but rain in the forecast for the upcoming week when I have to spend 2-3 days taking the Christmas decorations down. It’s the worse with rain because the lights and especially inflatables take to long to dry before putting them away.

PNA looks to stay negative, NAO could go either way, though leaning positive, and AO looks to go positive. It can't get any warmer then its forecast to be next week in mid meteorological winter, so really it can't get any worse right?

1640291619122.png
1640291648838.png
1640291679056.png

I had 0 expectations for this winter. What's going on doesn't surprise me at all. Anybody expecting a cold winter was dreaming. I'm just looking for small windows to get wintry precip. If I could manage just half of average snowfall and a 2 week stretch of cold temps that'd be a win in my book.

Back