• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

I'd honestly just like some actual weather down here for once. Don't get me wrong, I love being in the 70s and not having a cloud in the sky, but damn let's mix it up a little.
This is why you NEED to come back to NC we mix it up all the time I know you miss it here

They can ban me if they want I don’t care. I’m just posting warmer maps because they make more sense to me but people really get offended. Smh

Honestly don't know how the maps could get any warmer for me, forecasting 80F here today, near record-breaking territory. Yall needa share this cold air

Honestly don't know how the maps could get any warmer for me, forecasting 80F here today, near record-breaking territory. Yall needa share this cold air
Ill share, glad to hear there is some record warmth in the CONUS. Bodes well that our heatwave source region is record warm. Just need to send it our way.

Haha I forget why did you move again?

Working for the government as a forecaster down here. Supporting anything from private companies, government entities (emergency managers for ex) to the military. I basically do what the NWS does, except I have to wear more hats so to speak

Yeah except in the morning our lows get down below freezing, so it’s definitely hard to get out too early haha. Almost getting a 50F spread today, makes it hard to know what to wear when u go outside
If you actually got precip that would be even more of an interesting place to live. Snow in the morning tornadoes in the afternoon lol

If you actually got precip that would be even more of an interesting place to live. Snow in the morning tornadoes in the afternoon lol
The deep layer atmosphere is so dry that when we have a chance of precip in the forecast, it’s usually accompanied by well below average temps. While for instance in the Carolinas you often will have some dry air lurking in the low levels during CAD events, it makes a noticeable difference on evaporative cooling and sublimation when the entire low to mid troposphere starts out bone dry

The deep layer atmosphere is so dry that when we have a chance of precip in the forecast, it’s usually accompanied by well below average temps. While for instance in the Carolinas you often will have some dry air lurking in the low levels during CAD events, it makes a noticeable difference on evaporative cooling and sublimation when the entire low to mid troposphere starts out bone dry
That’s so awesome. Literally the complete opposite of the Carolinas. I’ve never really been out that way before. I bet you’ll score big time this winter.

Back