• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

It's soil not dirt and yes. Thing is though soil classes make a lot more sense in real world applications than most of the classes offered at a school to the west
I had to take a few of those too, we have to modify our drainage plans depending on soil types in a lot of cases. Thought they were interesting.

• Thank You
Reactions: SD
I can't say enough how much I fricking hate severe weather, I have a huge phobia of tornadoes and not to mention my house isn't exactly built for those situations. Like every time a severe weather setup is mentioned for here, a voice in my head goes "I might die today".

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

• Sad
Reactions: SD
Be careful @Thor has a thing for building neighborhoods and freeways on pretty open places like that !modernweenie
Here you go, the guys found this on one of my sites here in Raleigh the other day. Second largest inventoried Pine Tree in the state of NC. Better go chain yourself to it(we will probably spare it)
Tree_compress76.jpg

Here you go, the guys found this on one of my sites here in Raleigh the other day. Second largest inventoried Pine Tree in the state of NC. Better go chain yourself to it(we will probably spare it)
View attachment 93647
I hope it stays! There’s only a few trees older than Jburns, and you found one! It’s a national treasure!

View attachment 93647
All those trees ought to be spared . I think we have enough chain brand stores restaurants and generic ass neighborhoods named pine meadow on streets named morning star or grey goose or some crap . Man I swear y’all developers have the personality of wet cardboard. How is a house and street more exciting than a forest ?I blame it on the mass consumerism taught to us in our schools and everyday lives and media .I’ll chain myself to that tree -------- it . A tree like that likely only exists in 2 spots . North Raleigh , or south Raleigh . Imma guess the second one . I’m otw . Was it shortleaf or loblolly ?

Last edited:
All those trees ought to be spared . I think we have enough chain brand stores restaurants and generic ass neighborhoods named pine meadow on streets named morning star or grey goose or some crap . Man I swear y’all developers have the personality of wet cardboard. I blame it on the mass consumerism taught to us in our schools and everyday lives and media .I’ll chain myself to that tree -------- it . A tree like that likely only exists in 2 spots . North Raleigh , or south Raleigh . Imma guess the second one . I’m otw . Was it shortleaf or loblolly ?
Bring Birdman

It may have not gotten that warm today (low 80s at most), but sheesh, it was humid outside and how it felt to me was a bit of a surprise.

Glad the front is going to wipe that out for tomorrow and for a while after that.

You know , you and a line of your 300 pound cuties would suffice . Ain’t nothing getting through that.
True story! And we celebrate the victory at Pizza Inn buffet!

I don't know why people would want to work in restaurants when you can make $16 an hour at Walmart. It's a very lopsided market. That's what happens when you demand uneven wage increases.

Unless something has changed very recently most people at Walmart do not make $16 an hour. When I quit in June I still made a bit over $12 after 6 years there. I know there was controversy brewing because certain areas in the store were getting a raise towards $15(but losing the bonuses) while others weren't back then

Now that being said I used to work fast food and yeah Walmart is a better job but it definitely could be better ?

Unless something has changed very recently most people at Walmart do not make $16 an hour. When I quit in June I still made a bit over $12 after 6 years there. I know there was controversy brewing because certain areas in the store were getting a raise towards $15(but losing the quarterly bonuses) while others weren't back then
People are desperate for employees!

People are desperate for employees!

Oh I know that is one thing I see with doordash daily short staffed restaurants some are drive thru only depending on the day

What gets me is the people outside of them begging for money when they are all hiring ? I mean I get its not a great job but it's money

Oh I know that is one thing I see with doordash daily short staffed restaurants
I think it may have been for night stockers, but still 16$ an hour, at a small Walmart in Manchester, IA. That was my first job ever at Winn Dixie

I think it may have been for night stockers, but still 16$ an hour, at a small Walmart in Manchester, IA. That was my first job ever at Winn Dixie

Overnight might be different yeah but I know the only areas in June on day shift making $15 was like bakery deli and automotive cashiers fresh where I was nope lol

The fresh thing was a problem because there was a time at Walmart we were doing some of bakery and delis work and yeah then all the sudden they get the raise

Back