• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Doordash for me. Say what you want but I'm making double what my retail job paid for years and I'm home for a couple hours each afternoon ? not to mention just work whenever and no boss yeah it has its issues sometimes but the freedom is something else
That’s it really . Instacart for me , I like it . I signed up for door dash but idk . I like instacart better .

That’s it really . Instacart for me , I like it . I signed up for door dash but idk . I like instacart better .

Doordash you just have to watch some of the orders but you also have the freedom to decline it and move on. For me personally I don't do anything under a dollar a mile or under $5(more or less a no tip because doordash pay is bs).

Today i got a $7 cash tip though it's so random and never the same each day like a normal job ?

I literally worked 3 hours yesterday just to hit my goal and had the rest of the day off so yeah

Honestly this issue isn't even vaccine related though. It just appears nobody wants to work. Fast food restaurants are offering $15-20/hr wages, which is in line with the starting salaries here yet, those establishments are short staffed as well. The road we are heading down is not sustainable, it's just not.

The jobs wanted section is by far the highest I’ve seen for water/WW operators on the ARWA. One job is offering $26-33hr for a Grade 3 position. My boss heard 2000 operators did not renew their license this year and ADEM was changing rules to try to get them to recertify just in case of emergency.

Our last monthly meeting that was summarizing numbers from September, our attrition rate was 102%!!!! ???
Which means if they brought in 50 new employed, 52 quit! ??
It’s horrible out here too! There’s a Walmart near here that is starting out regular employees at 16$ hr
I don't know why people would want to work in restaurants when you can make $16 an hour at Walmart. It's a very lopsided market. That's what happens when you demand uneven wage increases.

I don't know why people would want to work in restaurants when you can make $16 an hour at Walmart. It's a very lopsided market. That's what happens when you demand uneven wage increases.
I don’t know how people can survive on $15-20 a hour. Really isn’t that must money. All these jobs people want more money were never meant for long term career jobs.

I don’t know how people can survive on $15-20 a hour. Really isn’t that must money. All these jobs people want more money were never meant for long term career jobs.
Yes something's wrong when it takes two adults in the household to barely make ends meet in some cases.

Currently making 22$ at Miller electrics, but it’s a great place to work for because it goes up as you become a JW/Foreman, and every 8 months there’s a pay raise. And once you go out of state to do jobs for them you can make a crapload of money. Also plan on taking school to become a JW, ---- a met degree and ---- math meant for a met degree, math ------- killed it for me

Currently making 22$ at Miller electrics, but it’s a great place to work for because it goes up as you become a JW/Foreman, and every 8 months there’s a pay raise. And once you go out of state to do jobs for them you can make a crapload of money. Also plan on taking school to become a JW, ---- a met degree and ---- math meant for a met degree, math ------- killed it for me
Haha yeah I hate it too .. I almost gave up on it as well but at the end of the day weather is my passion they try and weed out people who won’t put in the effort to get through those sort of classes so I just have to keep sticking it out until the promise land .. plus NC state just made it so I don’t have to go through physics 2 anymore and I think they eased up on the chem requirement but I don’t know that for sure

Haha yeah I hate it too .. I almost gave up on it as well but at the end of the day weather is my passion they try and weed out people who won’t put in the effort to get through those sort of classes so I just have to keep sticking it out until the promise land .. plus NC state just made it so I don’t have to go through physics 2 anymore and I think they eased up on the chem requirement but I don’t know that for sure
Lucky

Lmao I wouldn’t call Calc 1,2,3, physics 1, chem 1 plus another chem class, differential equations easy
I always excelled in calc. My struggles were more in the chem department. Physics as well. and yeah that is way too easy, apart from going 2 math classes higher than I'm required I still end up doing a ---- ton more difficult classes. I wonder if taking away some of these tougher physics and chem classes has to do with a lot of what meteorologists do these days look more like software developer/computer science type folks.

Reactions: SD
Didn't even know why I had to take physics 2, then I had to take a class called soil physics ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Had to learn about that wet dirt vs dry dirt vs red dirt vs sandy dirt vs dirty dirt vs muddy dirt huh? My buddy is taking a class similar to that now actually. NCSU loves its soil classes man.

Reactions: SD
Look at this. I had one of the 10 toughest professors in America for orgo. I tell yall she is brutal. She don't care your daddy die, your gon take that test and if you can't oh well. I ended up getting hospitalized when I had her class. Just my luck lol! Tell you the truth imma take her again too. I love a brutal professor, keeps you on your toes and from procrastinating. I absolutely love her.

Had to learn about that wet dirt vs dry dirt vs red dirt vs sandy dirt vs dirty dirt vs muddy dirt huh? My body is taking a class similar to that now actually. NCSU loves its soil classes man.
It's soil not dirt and yes. Thing is though soil classes make a lot more sense in real world applications than most of the classes offered at a school to the west

Back