• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

I’ll tell y’all what.. If in a hurry this little somewhat healthier alternative was freaking awesome for $5.36 at Lowe’s Food in Yadkinville, NC. Awesome salad buffet. FYW Lowe’s Food is a terrific Supermarket in the Triad of NC. ?
1635131790831.jpeg

I’ll tell y’all what.. If in a hurry this little somewhat healthier alternative was freaking awesome for $5.36 at Lowe’s Food in Yadkinville, NC. Awesome salad buffet. FYW Lowe’s Food is a terrific Supermarket in the Triad of NC. ?
Falls very short of Ingles salad bar they have instore seating with free WiFi, Starbucks, weather channel playing on three TVs and a bit more salad bar options.

Wow that was about to paint the whole SE .. goes to show this is the potential cold we are dealing with or could be dealing with heading into November .. Euro showed it nicely at the end of its run we’re talking true cold air here. Now the snow storm .. obviously that’s going to take many many many many stars aligning but hey if it happened … I think every member here would shut up for the rest of winter lol

Goodness, the workforce, or lack thereof, is becoming so problematic. We literally are averaging 7 resignations a week (across central region not the whole state, that number is probably at least tripled) and only about 5 or 6 interviews a week. Not all those that interview are qualified either, so those outgoing far outnumbering those incoming. It's a disaster waiting to happen

Goodness, the workforce, or lack thereof, is becoming so problematic. We literally are averaging 7 resignations a week (across central region not the whole state, that number is probably at least tripled) and only about 5 or 6 interviews a week. Not all those that interview are qualified either, so those outgoing far outnumbering those incoming. It's a disaster waiting to happen
Where is this at

I noticed that vaccination status was on the apps I did over the weekend like down to the dates. Thought that was a little aggressive

Are the people just retiring or going to other jobs? Any idea?

I noticed that vaccination status was on the apps I did over the weekend like down to the dates. Thought that was a little aggressive
Honestly this issue isn't even vaccine related though. It just appears nobody wants to work. Fast food restaurants are offering $15-20/hr wages, which is in line with the starting salaries here yet, those establishments are short staffed as well. The road we are heading down is not sustainable, it's just not.

Are the people just retiring or going to other jobs? Any idea?
Other jobs mostly but we find out later they soon leave those jobs too. Most people nowadays do not go into a job to make it a career, not here anyway, not like when I started. They don't like it, they leave... I say the average retention time now is less than 2 years. Difference is, no one is really applying anymore (apps are down 65%!)

Other jobs mostly but we find out later they soon leave those jobs too. Most people nowadays do not go into a job to make it a career, not here anyway, not like when I started. They don't like it, they leave... I say the average retention time now is less than 2 years. Difference is, no one is really applying anymore (apps are down 65%!)
Wow that's a pretty big drop. I'm still struggling to understand where all of the workers are. I can kind of see it if you have extra unemployment being given out, but my understanding is that has mostly stopped now. People just not wanting to work is a head-scratcher, though. How are they buying things and/or paying bills?

And the problem is across multiple sectors, fast food, retail, warehousing, trucking, your field, etc.

Wow that's a pretty big drop. I'm still struggling to understand where all of the workers are. I can kind of see it if you have extra unemployment being given out, but my understanding is that has mostly stopped now. People just not wanting to work is a head-scratcher, though. How are they buying things and/or paying bills?
Great question. I wonder the same thing, how are they surviving, who is paying those bills? Did they receive so much money they saved it up to live off of now (doubtful). I don't know, how can everywhere be short staffed and most of the covid related benefits have stopped? *Puts on tinfoil hat* Is there this underground financial support system to sabotage businesses and take down capitalism?

Great question. I wonder the same thing, how are they surviving, who is paying those bills? Did they receive so much money they saved it up to live off of now (doubtful). I don't know, how can everywhere be short staffed and most of the covid related benefits have stopped? *Puts on tinfoil hat* Is there this underground financial support system to sabotage businesses and take down capitalism?
Lmk if you find it I could get paid to not work

Hire me bro ! Best employee ever . No legit though, my work ethic is impeccable ! I’ve worked since I was a wee boy, sometimes 3 jobs at a time .

Back