• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

ENSO literally gives you zero predictability for snow in the SE US except in very climo favored areas near the Apps. SE ridge can dominate all winter but the one time it breaks down is all it takes. We had the opposite last winter and tons of -NAO we sucked in the snow department.
tom-brady-lfg.gif

ENSO literally gives you zero predictability for snow in the SE US except in very climo favored areas near the Apps. SE ridge can dominate all winter but the one time it breaks down is all it takes. We had the opposite last winter and tons of -NAO we sucked in the snow department.
17-18 nina was colder than 16-17 nina and we had the coldest week ever at RDU and 2 weeks of snow threats. Good to see the 2nd year nina myths are still out there though

17-18 nina was colder than 16-17 nina and we had the coldest week ever at RDU and 2 weeks of snow threats. Good to see the 2nd year nina myths are still out there though
1926-27 is a classic example of what can happen even if it’s warm and the se us ridge dominates. Coming off of what was our warmest February on record to an insane snowstorm then back to warmth again. I think most of us if we had a choice would prefer a pleasant winter with a few big storms rather than miserably cold one and getting shutout

1926-27 is a classic example of what can happen even if it’s warm and the se us ridge dominates. Coming off of what was our warmest February on record to an insane snowstorm then back to warmth again. I think most of us if we had a choice would prefer a pleasant winter with a few big storms rather than miserably cold one and getting shutout
Does this prove the @Brick Tamland theory its always warm before it snows

All I ask is that the ground not be covered with puddles before it snows for 18 minutes. Haven't seen that for years.

2010-11 has an argument to be literally the strongest La Nina... ever and we all know what happened then. ENSO can influence when snow occurs (early-mid winter (La Nina), mid-late winter (El Nino), but overall for seasonal totals, it just doesn't have much bearing on things outside of places like Wilkesboro, Greensboro, Asheville, & Boone, etc where there's a small signal for ENSO.

Coldest week ever ? How’s that possible , thought we don’t get cold around here no more especially not coldest week ever in a 130 plus year record ….. different thread yea yea.

Back