• This website or discussions about the COVID-19 virus outbreak should be taken as entertainment. For official information on how to plan and prepare, please go to The Offical CDC Homepage By Clicking Here
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Lickwx

Reaction score
Well it looks like the southeast will be sparred this storm. On track to hit that mid Atlantic state of North Caroliada.
Look, I get it . Your jealous . Your jealous of our giant mountains, wonderful coastline, top tier universities, snowfall, barbecue , and weather of course . Your jealous that michael Jordan , dale , Richard petty , and many more came from here . Your jealous of our college sports teams , the amazing college basketball and more . I get it , I’d be jealous too if I had to live in a state that is essentially the American equivalent of Venezuela . Georguela.

maybe one day you can be a North Carolinian too!

NoSnowATL

Reaction score
Look, I get it . Your jealous . Your jealous of our giant mountains, wonderful coastline, top tier universities, snowfall, barbecue , and weather of course . Your jealous that michael Jordan , dale , Richard petty , and many more came from here . Your jealous of our college sports teams , the amazing college basketball and more . I get it , I’d be jealous too if I had to live in a state that is essentially the American equivalent of Venezuela . Georguela.

maybe one day you can be a North Carolinian too!
You lost at the great universities. I’ll stick with Georguela. 👍

Lickwx

Reaction score
No one here in Georgia. It’s football and baseball.
Maybe once y’all got a good basketball team people will care ! Baseball is lit and our universities dominate at that too ( sadly no mlb team ), besides Carolina is coming for the title next year in football. Then we can claim that too! Greatest sports rivalry of all time is Duke- Carolina basketball rivalry !

Bham 99

Reaction score
Maybe once y’all got a good basketball team people will care ! Baseball is lit and our universities dominate at that too ( sadly no mlb team ), besides Carolina is coming for the title next year in football. Then we can claim that too! Greatest sports rivalry of all time is Duke- Carolina basketball rivalry !
Lol lol lol lol.

NoSnowATL

Reaction score
UGA will never have a Top 5 basketball team. Tom is a good coach but it’s hard to get the talent to commit here. I sure hope y’all can take Clemson because I’m tired of seeing them win.

Lickwx

Reaction score
Carolina - Duke rivalry so deep it’s listed as number 5 in the frickin Brittanica encyclopedia ! Man the culture around it is crazy , storming Franklin street in chapel hill, burning couches , the bars in Durham , camping overnight to get tickets , etc etc ! Idk man, In college sports I think it takes the cake !

Lickwx

Reaction score
UGA will never have a Top 5 basketball team. Tom is a good coach but it’s hard to get the talent to commit here. I sure hope y’all can take Clemson because I’m tired of seeing them win.
In the sec you do have Kentucky and auburn which tend to have great programs . Even South Carolina pops out sometimes ! Yeah Georgia has never been good in basketball that I can remember at least .

Lickwx

Reaction score
@NoSnowATL may unfollow me but in the sec I’m a big fan of the gators... wish NC could get a team into the sec . Sadly the teams that make sense to add to the sec ( state , unc) are founding ACC members and pretty much tied ! Would say app state would be a great addition . They have a great football program and already whoop sec butt ! ( See South Carolina ) . However , probably too small of a school .

Then again remember the greatest upset in sports history , the 2007 app state vs Michigan game?

cd2play

Reaction score
@NoSnowATL may unfollow me but in the sec I’m a big fan of the gators... wish NC could get a team into the sec . Sadly the teams that make sense to add to the sec ( state , unc) are founding ACC members and pretty much tied ! Would say app state would be a great addition . They have a great football program and already whoop sec butt ! ( See South Carolina ) . However , probably too small of a school .

Then again remember the greatest upset in sports history , the 2007 app state vs Michigan game?
Go GATORS!!! At first when I read your post, I thought you said NoSnowATL was going to outflow you. So if you get a storm tomorrow, you can thank NoSnowATL for the OFB

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
Well, it's a dang good thing we're not going to the beach on Sunday (although I'd have had any kind of a beach idea shot down and didn't really want to go to one anyway), hopefully the rain holds out for us though.

Rain Cold

Fixed
Staff member
Reaction score
I remember those days I wanted to be a met at the weather channel, really don’t want to be one nomore now 💀 Covid canes, Siedel can’t take a few wind gusts, and highway thru hell over severe weather coverage is all I need to know 💀
Yeah it's really bad. Stupid winter storm names, fringe media-style click bait headlines and phrases, and silly overhyping everything.

If I had the resources, I would produce a weather channel in the style of the old weather channel, with wall to wall live weather coverage and actually teach the audience about weather along the way.

Sometimes, it's fun to watch YouTube channels like The Weather Chazz, Publisher73, and ElTiempo and the multitude of videos from Classic TWC at Christmas or coverage of famous events or just regular everyday broadcasts. That's when it was good....before they tried to turn it into a profit center, bringing it down to the level of every other dumb segment of programming.

SD

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah it's really bad. Stupid winter storm names, fringe media-style click bait headlines and phrases, and silly overhyping everything.

If I had the resources, I would produce a weather channel in the style of the old weather channel, with wall to wall live weather coverage and actually teach the audience about weather along the way.

Sometimes, it's fun to watch YouTube channels like The Weather Chazz, Publisher73, and ElTiempo and the multitude of videos from Classic TWC at Christmas or coverage of famous events or just regular everyday broadcasts. That's when it was good....before they tried to turn it into a profit center, bringing it down to the level of every other dumb segment of programming.
I'm still in on Southernwx TV

We got @Ollie Williams on graphics