• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked what Nascar did despite it being staged/phot op. I'm assuming it really happened. There's a lot of sickos out there. Also, it was good to see the King, who looks really good and fit for 82, walking fast on the track! Haven't seen him in a long time.
The King! Man let me tell you I binge his old races on YouTube like no other , well except for the intimidator himself . Man do I wish I was born anytime after 1950 and before 1980 !

The King! Man let me tell you I binge his old races on YouTube like no other , well except for the intimidator himself . Man do I wish I was born anytime after 1950 and before 1980 !
Definitely no social distancing in that pic above. Lockdowns will not happen. If states try it then good luck enforcement of it. This virus will run its course now. Say goodbye to sports if they do not happen. Looks like things are going to get much worse.

Definitely no social distancing in that pic above. Lockdowns will not happen. If states try it then good luck enforcement of it. This virus will run its course now. Say goodbye to sports if they do not happen. Looks like things are going to get much worse.
I guess I might as well cancel my comcast prescription. If we don't have football this fall, I seriously may lose it.

I am already so sick of this election. I could care less any more who wins. We are so in trouble no matter who wins. Please let’s fast forward to 2021.

NASCAR was staged. If it did happen it’s a disgrace. So what’s next. They going to kneel and apologize? Let him win the race? All this is ridiculous. My wife is a teacher and another teacher who is mixed is asking all fellow white teachers to apologize on FB.

Staged?

There's literally no evidence to suggest it was and nooses have been discovered at other tracks (Sonoma, CA), immediately going to defend racist acts like these is truly pathetic, then again I expect nothing less from you.

Staged?

There's literally no evidence to suggest it was and nooses have been discovered at other tracks (Sonoma, CA), immediately going to defend racist acts like these is truly pathetic, then again I expect nothing less from you.
I said if did happen it’s a disgrace. The walking together was a photo op. There are cameras in garage area so should be easy to find who did this. Why is it wrong to have an opinion that it could have been staged? In today’s times it would not be something unheard of. Why be so angry and hateful towards me? Racism goes both ways. Being called white privileged is racist also. I apologize for offending you.

I said if did happen it’s a disgrace. The walking together was a photo op. There are cameras in garage area so should be easy to find who did this. Why is it wrong to have an opinion that it could have been staged? In today’s times it would not be something unheard of. Why be so angry and hateful towards me? Racism goes both ways. Being called white privileged is racist also. I apologize for offending you.
Tons of cameras around the garage so yea it should be really easy to see who did it, if we don’t hear something this week I’ll start to wonder myself.

Maybe it was a mistake in what he saw.

Possibly. If so, it’s just an innocent mistake and thank goodness not another Jussie Smollett possibility (intentional deception) that I’ve been reading about and no harm done though many avid NASCAR fans would still be pissed thinking it was a publicity stunt.

As mentioned, NASCAR should already know the answer due to the many surveillance cameras that should have been in the garage. But if so, wouldn’t Richard Petty and others on the team have already known this?

Possibly. If so, it’s just an innocent mistake and thank goodness not another Jussie Smollett possibility (intentional deception) that I’ve been reading about and no harm done though many avid NASCAR fans would still be pissed thinking it was a publicity stunt.

As mentioned, NASCAR should already know the answer due to the many surveillance cameras that should have been in the garage. But if so, wouldn’t Richard Petty and others on the team have already known this?
Maybe nascar officials kept it to themselves. I am with you. All the cameras and not one showed who did it. Also did he really mistaken the pull down handle as a noose? Was it an honest mistake or to draw attention? It all goes back to so many are sensitive about everything. They feel entitled. Especially in the sports fields. Way too much money is paid to athletes. Which in turn spoils them.

People naturally look for anything & everything that reaffirms their preconceived notions and world views, latching onto evidence of the noose being 'fake" from some random shmucks on the internet (one said post on facebook also got immediately taken down) without reaffirmation from any official sources reveals you'd rather believe this didn't happen and racism is non-existent in this country, the latter of which is definitely false and a commonly held belief among many whites. It also reveals your true underlying racist intents and beliefs as do many of your other posts and support of posts from other bloggers that are also often racist on this very forum.

Also, white privilege is most certainly not racist, and I highly doubt you understand what it actually means and the implications of this term. (shocker)

People naturally look for anything & everything that reaffirms their preconceived notions and world views, latching onto evidence of the noose being 'fake" from some random shmucks on the internet (one said post on facebook also got immediately taken down) without reaffirmation from any official sources reveals you'd rather believe this didn't happen and racism is non-existent in this country, the latter of which is definitely false and a commonly held belief among many whites. It also reveals your true underlying racist intents and beliefs as do many of your other posts and support of posts from other bloggers that are also often racist on this very forum.

Also, white privilege is most certainly not racist, and I highly doubt you understand what it actually means and the implications of this term. (shocker)
Webber I don’t know why you have to start name calling and be condescending when I did nothing wrong. I gave an opinion and said I did not support someone doing such a disgraceful act if it was true. Racism I agree is real but it goes in all directions. Bottom line is we both want peace and understanding. We may not believe in same things but we both are humans and want what is best for the world. Yes you call me a “pro lifer” because I chose economy to stay open. Why in your eyes does that make me so bad? I want same as you in the end. You see more deaths by being open from virus. I see more deaths and poverty in long term from economy staying shut down. In the end we both want same thing. Less deaths overall. Just different beliefs in how we get there. We are not really that different. I was mocked for saying America could implode if not careful. Yet look at America today. A lot of what I was saying could possibly happen is unfolding. Yes Trump is an idiot and so is Biden. No matter what happens in November I will continue to push forward and do my best and take care of my family. To try and be a better understanding white male towards blacks and all races. I do have much respect for you in your wx knowledge. I’m 49 and not some insensitive white male. One of my daughters bff is Asian and Black. I work with many races. So I am diverse in my friends.

Honestly though, why are we dragging politics into this thread again? This is what we mean by it becoming a boardwide issue. People can't keep it inside the thread and riling people up no matter what side you're on needs to end yesterday.
I apologize. I was trying to keep just the nascar incident in just banter.

Well not staged but........ guess he’s more sensitive now than he was when in garage last year. I’d say give him a box of tissues but tissues are white. That might be racist. ??‍♂️

Well not staged but........ guess he’s more sensitive now than he was when in garage last year. I’d say give him a box of tissues but tissues are white. That might be racist. ??‍♂️

Since 2019? Seem old no one saw it. Oh it was the same pull rope that all the garages have.... he should have known that. Fake news!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back