• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a small chance I might need to play Mario Kart Wii again if the super nega nellies get their wish. It's still not one I'd consider as high, but it's a small chance that I wouldn't have thought as possible a while ago.

Has anyone here ever had to deal with bedbugs? For those who do not know, they will invade clean homes as often as dirty ones. Mansions or shacks, it doesn't matter. They're not attracted to dirt or food. Mainly only the blood of humans. We think a home healthcare nurse accidentally brought them to us from a prior patient who had a bad infestation. She had gone home to change clothes, but that may not have been enough. Just incredibly bad luck. I had never even seen or thought about a bedbug being in my abode throughout my entire life!

So, now we have to figure out how the heck to get rid of these pests and keep them away. They're especially attacking my disabled bro, who is largely bedridden. This sucks bigtime. :confused:

Last edited:
Has anyone here ever had to deal with bedbugs? For those who do not know, they will invade clean homes as often as dirty ones. Mansions or shacks, it doesn't matter. They're not attracted to dirt or food. Mainly only the blood of humans. We think a home healthcare nurse accidentally brought them to us from a prior patient who had a bad infestation. She had gone home to change clothes, but that may not have been enough. Just incredibly bad luck. I had never even seen or thought about a bedbug being in my abode throughout my entire life!

So, now we have to figure out how the heck to get rid of these pests and keep them away. They're especially attacking my disabled bro, who is largely bedridden. This sucks bigtime. :confused:
When I had come home from a trip from NYC my junior year of high school I brought bed bugs back. They likely festered for a month or two before I ever noticed them. Was horrific , my parents were very rash and quite literally threw my entire bed and every item associated with my bed onto the street !

We went to Lowe’s and bought a bunch of bed bug sprays, and this smoke bomb that you leave and evacuate the house for a few hours. We repeated this for a few times in every room and checked literally ever nook and cranny with a magnifying glass .Left various items such as shredded up basil which supposedly they don’t like the smell of around the house too.

Oh, a lot of my cloth were thrown into trash bags and never opened again as well. We managed to get rid of them on our own. Took a couple weeks but 3 and a half years later here we are bed bug free still.

Last edited:

I’ve never personally dealt with bedbugs, but I wouldn’t take any chances. Call a fumigation company to come out and cover the house and fumigate it for a couple of days while you stay elsewhere. I’m sorry man, crappy way to start a weekend.

That does suck, sorry you have to deal with it. I had an issue last year where I think one took a ride home on my luggage from a hotel. I purchased a mattress cover from Wal-Mart and cleaned/vacuumed around the bed and washed the linens. In my case it may have only been one bedbug. I isolated the problem to the comforter and threw it out. That took care of the problem.

I did find one good YouTube video which was an interview with a pest control guy. He said typically when bedbugs are introduced they will stick to the area/bed where they were first located. It takes time for a true infestation to develop and the bugs to start going to other areas.

Best of luck getting rid of those pests.

Well it’s a white man that got shot no doubt. Could this be a hate crime?

I honestly believe that every person on the planet is (at least) going to carry the virus at some point (in other words, test positive); it's just a matter of who gets sick, who gets what symptoms and who is fortunate enough to remain asymptomatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back