• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they said my heart looked fine the other day but they said the reason I’ve been off is likely because of anxiety, probably due to the combination of covid back in May and the change in life, they prescribed a medicine called hydroxyzine, and wow that thing cray, has me hallucinating, you ever looked into hydroxyzine @Jon

If you’re hallucinating that’s a very serious side effect and I’m glad you decided to stop taking it.

It’s an antihistamine, just kinda takes you down a level without having addictive properties or dependence such as benzodiazepines. Dizziness and drowsiness is common because it crosses the blood brain barrier and enters the CNS, works on many receptors that have a calming effect.

Not pumped about 98L possible impacts on the coast. If y’all can throw some good mojo my way I’d love for it not to come to NC. Girlfriend and I are both HCP’s and this is our only vacation away from COVID-city; aka, work. We’re going to the beach Aug 22-29, rented our own house and will stay away from crowds (it’s a good drive away from any kind of restaurant or hangouts for good reason) Just doing a little getaway. Not pumped about 98L ruining it...when I return to work in September I’ll be doing multiple 9 hour flu clinics in NC hospitals with a mask, gloves, face shield, etc. Not to mention possible administration of COVID-19 vaccine at some point within the winter season or early spring I’d imagine. Along with the typical influenza epidemic, and a pandemic, it would be nice to get a week of relaxation in. My next time off will very well likely be this time next year. Flu season is hard enough as it is on all HCP’s...Need one last (and first) relaxing week! Haven’t had PTO since Christmas! But I know to focus on the good things and consider myself blessed, healthy and with a healthy family. Vacation isn’t everything, just need a mental break! I hope everyone can fit in some RnR and some mental relaxation in their lives during this incredibly bad year we’ve had.

Last edited:
Great ! Or is it bad ? Newsssss ! Last 4 days my colon ulcers felt terrible then today I developed a fever of 101 2 hours ago! Weirdly enough I feel the best I have in forever . It’s weird !

I think I’m cursed y’all . 4 days ago a -------- looking black pigeon took residence at me and my neighbors house . Since then his dad has ended up in the ICU , then yesterday it started at me and all I thought was man this is not a good omen and 30 second later I had committed the heartbreaking aching crime of killing a kitten . Now this today, and 4 days ago actually someone tried to break into a neighbors house .

Testing the RedPocket phone service tomorrow on i77 to see how it does!! Just testing, Wilkes/Yadkin/Iredell/Surry counties. It’s $19/mo vs $29.88/mo with Walmart family mobile. Let’s see which is better

Not pumped about 98L possible impacts on the coast. If y’all can throw some good mojo my way I’d love for it not to come to NC. Girlfriend and I are both HCP’s and this is our only vacation away from COVID-city; aka, work. We’re going to the beach Aug 22-29, rented our own house and will stay away from crowds (it’s a good drive away from any kind of restaurant or hangouts for good reason) Just doing a little getaway. Not pumped about 98L ruining it...when I return to work in September I’ll be doing multiple 9 hour flu clinics in NC hospitals with a mask, gloves, face shield, etc. Not to mention possible administration of COVID-19 vaccine at some point within the winter season or early spring I’d imagine. Along with the typical influenza epidemic, and a pandemic, it would be nice to get a week of relaxation in. My next time off will very well likely be this time next year. Flu season is hard enough as it is on all HCP’s...Need one last (and first) relaxing week! Haven’t had PTO since Christmas! But I know to focus on the good things and consider myself blessed, healthy and with a healthy family. Vacation isn’t everything, just need a mental break! I hope everyone can fit in some RnR and some mental relaxation in their lives during this incredibly bad year we’ve had.

I think you’ll be okay on the CoVid vaccine until January. LOL

Reactions: Jon
I've been in my career for 25 yrs 7 months, good Lord willing and nothing happens should be able to retire around May, 2024.... but I'm burnt slam out, sure hope I can make to that time. But some days it's a struggle, today is one of those days.

So was killing a little time and came across this article from 1990.... take time to read the story, it's great. I heard this all my life and I believe it to be true (my home folks wouldn't lie Lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back