• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about less IP/ZR but I'm not sure the snow impact would be that much. None of the snow events the last 3 winters have really been true CAD related. Honestly the loss of onset snow in CAD events might actually be offset by an increase in change over events where we typically see the low level cold get blocked while 850 up is supportive of snow
That's a good point. The mountains screw us over with those changeover events a lot.

If the apps weren't in play I wonder how much different our weather would be.
More exciting , more thunderstorms , clippers , perhaps more potent cold snaps. Places west of the mountains can get far far colder on a latitude to latitude comparison . Hotter summers could be another one I think. Basically more continental in nature . What’s more interesting to me is what if the app mountains were 3 times as high in elevation and curved in a way that blocks CAD highs in the NE!

]

The funny thing is that I actually have a little cold. My kids had it a few days ago and it finally got to me. You have a cold Covid. You have ANY symptoms Covid. Flu season is going to be fun.

yeah that was another thing with me, I had just gotten past my 2 weeks from NY and my allergies hit... happens every year but the timing was amazing

]

The funny thing is that I actually have a little cold. My kids had it a few days ago and it finally got to me. You have a cold Covid. You have ANY symptoms Covid. Flu season is going to be fun.
Same. It's funny. Before, I would have never given it a second thought. But now, you can't help but wonder of you have Covid. I've been sinusy for 5 days, but today, I started feeling much better. I assume it's a cold. But who knows anymore.

Same. It's funny. Before, I would have never given it a second thought. But now, you can't help but wonder of you have Covid. I've been sinusy for 5 days, but today, I started feeling much better. I assume it's a cold. But who knows anymore.

Right? I started sneezing yesterday at work and was waiting for everyone to give me the look of the plague lol

Luckily because of the way my allergies are I keep some cheap pills in the car and they will kill it for a few hours so I took some and ive been fine today

]

My son has Asthma, and gets little coughs all the time. Ya know, asthma. His preschool called today to tell me he was coughing...

I'm going to have Radarscope tier 1 until next july since I just got it, but would y'all say tier 2 is worth the $99.99/yr?

So uh it's my day off and so I'm sitting at home and I just helped put out a fire in the backyard #2020 strikes again :rolleyes:

Luckily all it did was burn some grass and some old chair

I understand that. I think we can all agree that for some people in this thread, like moderators, however there are definitely expectations and standards that need to be met when it comes to dialogue w/ other bloggers and how these sometimes tense situations are handled, and it's apparent that these expectations are clearly not being met in this instance. If this starts to become a consistent theme in any way, shape, or form here, this is especially bothersome imo since many these qualities are exemplified on the very forum many of us have come to despise with ardent fervor (i.e. americanwx).
Except that a vast majority of these tense situations you refer stem from your posts. And as far as I can tell, moderators here, none of us, show partiality when it comes to moderation. If you can't handle a little confrontation and a smidgen of snark for snark, rude for rude, snide remark for snide remark, then that's kind of on you. On the other hand, if your desire is heavy-handed moderation, then there would probably be a lot less posting going on. Try not to be so emotional.

Except that a vast majority of these tense situations you refer stem from your posts. And as far as I can tell, moderators here, none of us, show partiality when it comes to moderation. If you can't handle a little confrontation and a smidgen of snark for snark, rude for rude, snide remark for snide remark, then that's kind of on you. On the other hand, if your desire is heavy-handed moderation, then there would probably be a lot less posting going on. Try not to be so emotional.

Maybe that's because I'm really not supposed to handle the snide remarks, personal attacks, and your abhorrent behavior because you're a moderator and supposed to be held to a higher standard than everyone else. Surely, that wouldn't be it though.

Maybe that's because I'm really not supposed to handle the snide remarks, personal attacks, and your abhorrent behavior because you're a moderator and supposed to be held to a higher standard than everyone else. Surely, that wouldn't be it though.
Well again, nobody has exhibited abhorrent behavior toward you. You really are kind of overreacting here.

Well again, nobody has exhibited abhorrent behavior toward you. You really are kind of overreacting here.

So, you think it's okay for you as a moderator to not diffuse a tense situation and continually reinforce it by putting other bloggers down, ridiculing them, supporting posts that personally attack them whether that's for good or bad? Again, keep in mind that it's you, not me, that's being held to the higher standard here on this forum, if you're having problems w/ the way I'm acting and you refuse to take the higher ethical road here, then maybe you should seriously consider not being a moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back