• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve survived the derecho, I’m waiting on the record breaking snow they are going to get this winter?
I listened to a guy tell me about a 2 week stretch of temps never getting above zero a year or two after he moved up here??❤

I’ve survived the derecho, I’m waiting on the record breaking snow they are going to get this winter?
I listened to a guy tell me about a 2 week stretch of temps never getting above zero a year or two after he moved up here??❤
Is this your first time living in a cold climate ?

Yep, been between Gastonia and Greenville, S of 85 , 45 years! Bring it! I’m looking forward to clipper glory! Like my NC peeps!
I've heard Iowans are some of the nicest people in the country. Just promise you won't be posting snow pics and teasing us this winter ?

I've heard Iowans are some of the nicest people in the country. Just promise you won't be posting snow pics and teasing us this winter ?
They really are! They call it ‘Iowa nice’
I was worried about my southern accent, they don’t bat an eye, but they have funny accents! ?

A 2 week stretch of even highs not getting above 0 there? Or does this guy mean lows? If highs, it is fake news because the longest at a much colder location, Minneapolis, is only 7 days:

At Chicago it is only 98 hours:

Did any of y’all see the cop car video of the derecho, where his windshields wiper is just up in the air and his radar keeps picking up the wind speeds somehow, going from 50-80 ish mph winds, it’s pretty neat!

Reactions: SD
A 2 week stretch of even highs not getting above 0 there? Or does this guy mean lows? If highs, it is fake news because the longest at a much colder location, Minneapolis, is only 7 days:

At Chicago it is only 98 hours:

He said day or night, but I wasn’t going to argue, I’m really unsure of climate here, the December and January avg highs and lows , are scary enough!

Much much less, probably similar to places like Columbia. Clippers just don't make it much over this way and CAD is how we get snow. So, no CAD no snow. A CAD less world sounds awesome
Though no CAD means no mountains, which means we do get in on more clipper action. I would expect less snow, in any case, though. And much, much less IP/ZR.

Though no CAD means no mountains, which means we do get in on more clipper action. I would expect less snow, in any case, though. And much, much less IP/ZR.

I agree about less IP/ZR but I'm not sure the snow impact would be that much. None of the snow events the last 3 winters have really been true CAD related. Honestly the loss of onset snow in CAD events might actually be offset by an increase in change over events where we typically see the low level cold get blocked while 850 up is supportive of snow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back