• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Been up ALL night working on this theory on the Sparta NC earthquake and how it ties directly to the low to non-existent cell phone tower coverage up there! Insult to misery was all the repaving and fancy stuff they are doing downtown to sidewalks etc was the last straw.

If it weren't for CAD i wonder what the avg snowfall would be in Charlotte and Raleigh ?

I thought CAD is a pretty shallow feature that tends to increase in CAD favored areas ZR/IP more than increasing SN as the dominant form. Isn’t SN more cold mid to upper atmosphere (say above 5K feet) driven rather than cold lower atmosphere driven?

Many times with CAD, it is colder than 32 only in the bottom 1,000-2,000 feet or less. Often the 850s, which are near 5K feet, are warmer than 32 F, which normally means ZR or IP rather than SN. That’s why it is a “wedge” of colder, denser air nearer the surface.

Last edited:
I thought CAD is a pretty shallow feature that tends to increase in CAD favored areas ZR/IP more than increasing SN as the dominant form. Isn’t SN more cold mid to upper atmosphere (say above 5K feet) driven rather than cold lower atmosphere driven?
I guess i should have said avg wintry precip, not just snowfall. What % of winter events in the Carolinas are influenced by CAD?

I guess i should have said avg wintry precip, not just snowfall. What % of winter events in the Carolinas are influenced by CAD?

If you look at old maps for big snows, there often is either rather weak or even or no CAD/wedge. Many times that is the case with Miller A storms and the result is only a thin band of IP and ZR. Sometimes the transition is from SN right to plain RN.

does anyone want me to make a earthquake forecast on what I think will come to be a greater than 5.0 earthquake in the not so distant future?

Hey @smast16 refresh my memory about the dismiss again. When it was dry the nutsedge and kyllinga didn't do much now that it's rained a lot BOOM BOOMS

Here's what you need. It'll take you a couple years to get it all, unfortunately. My gripes with the sedgehammer is that you have to keep buying the little packets, it only really kills sedge, and is slow... 3 weeks to get a burn down. Where as the dismiss is cheaper long term, burn down in 7 days, and it smokes other weeks too.

No go forth and smoke it!
200 (1).gif

I remember when brad p called isayheass pathetic then it went on to produce major tornadoes hit NC and the entire east coast north of NC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back