• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season Discussion

There is one great way: don't forget that it could end up a quiet season with few or no landfalls anywhere. Keep hope alive. We're so ridiculously overdue for a quiet season, especially in/near the SE US. Hopefully this year. It is about time we have a quiet season. And now with the virus? We need quiet even more than we normally do. This is what we should pray for, pray for another huge JB bust to follow his big winter bust. Nothing would make me feel better.
Definitely! The southeast has had more than their fair share of the bad weather for quite a while.

There is one great way: don't forget that it could end up a quiet season with few or no landfalls anywhere. Keep hope alive. We're so ridiculously overdue for a quiet season, especially in/near the SE US. Hopefully this year. It is about time we have a quiet season. And now with the virus? We need quiet even more than we normally do. This is what we should pray for, pray for another huge JB bust to follow his big winter bust. Nothing would make me feel better.
Larry,
My comment was totally tongue in cheek ... o_O
Phil

hurricane season indicators are like winter forecasts some years so no reason to worry. But one noticeable difference is hurricane season can be a little more predictable if it’s already active vs waiting for that one winter storm to finally happen before spring. So if the punches start coming I would watch out. As in like African waves developing and home systems hitting land. Until then why worry

Code Red in the Pacific. Sometimes the Atlantic will respond back within 1-3 weeks. May have some early tracking to do.

I got snow so it’s been a good 2020. Actually a active hurricane season would be fun to track, my memory is getting back tho.
I want to see another Isabel. It was wild along the border well inland. Minus the damages. It’s one that got me interested.

Back