• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
02a157f7c2ae44dc1bdd5a76c73fd243.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha idiot . That’s funny and had to hurt.

Is there still hope out there for us weenies in Charlotte? I'm looking at you Eric.
Of course there is. I personally however wouldn’t bet on it, but really that’s from this pattern in general, no models today have changed my perception to better or worse.

It's a shame we don't have more TN posters. A situation like this makes it clear just how under represented TN is in this forum.
A lot of the time I feel like this place could be called NcWx. Which isn't a bad thing, but I think everyone wants to be able to discuss their own region with like minded individuals. I can count on one hand the number of posters from Columbia, and there's locations like Texas and Florida that I can only think of a single poster. I'd love to see our user base expand a bit further south and west geographically.

I think it's pretty cool how this forum is becoming more national. Iowa, Texas, Oklahoma, Montana all represented now. And possibly Arizona if Webber moves there ?
I did enjoy seeing our posters in OK during the ice storm. Maybe my complaining about diversity, for lack of a better word, is unfounded.

A lot of the time I feel like this place could be called NcWx. Which isn't a bad thing, but I think everyone wants to be able to discuss their own region with like minded individuals. I can count on one hand the number of posters from Columbia, and there's locations like Texas and Florida that I can only think of a single poster. I'd love to see our user base expand a bit further south and west geographically.
To be fair we have posters from lots of places but many choose to lurk and not post . For example , you yourself could be posting ... you have 58 posts and your from Columbia . Go ahead represent Columbia if it means so much .

PS . Don’t intend the tone to come across as attacking you . Just trying to show part of the problem !

Last edited:
Renewed my weather models account today, new spark plugs and fresh oil change in the truck. Ready for sleepless nights and colorful EPS and GEFS snowfall charts. Hope to score in my backyard for first time since December 2017. Also have plenty of credit card points for mountains of gatlinburg or North Carolina. Good luck to all!

I did enjoy seeing our posters in OK during the ice storm. Maybe my complaining about diversity, for lack of a better word, is unfounded.
You aren't wrong. Ive noticed over the years that NC has the biggest majority of day to day posters while other states are more event posters. Once things gather a little steam I'm sure more from more areas will appear.

The forum is called southernwx and not southeasternwx. Although southernwx is assumed to mean the Dixie states lol. Though geographically we really should be covering Southern California , Arizona , Nevada , New Mexico , parts of Colorado Kansas and Missouri . Though people from Southern California wouldn’t have much to talk about here .

You aren't wrong. Ive noticed over the years that NC has the biggest majority of day to day posters while other states are more event posters. Once things gather a little steam I'm sure more from more areas will appear.
Its not because NC has the most interesting weather, because I believe outside of hurricane season TN's weather is more interesting imo. They certainly get more severe weather and about as much snow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back