• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really interesting how some things are moved to this thread and some things aren't. :rolleyes:
Really interesting how some folks like to complain about how we moderate and some don't. We can't get everything but we try and during busy times we will moderate a little tighter, nothing new here.

10 days of misery per forecast , no end to the misery in sight . Just get to watch places to the sw enjoy being toasty while I freeze my balls off to cold rain , maybe even ice and sleet as well. Great. Second lowest Jan max ever as well, probably going to be a record low number of 60 degree days this winter ( for reference roughly 1/3 winter days on average break 60). I really don’t want to hear a peep out of y’all about heat or torch when we do warm up ! None ! Stg I’ll lose my nice side and have no mercy . 100/80 temp/ dew combos this summer in eastern nc, with drought in western nc, upstate sc, and north ga into north Alabama and north miss! The towing guy has spoken .
I will admit I was pretty surprised when I saw that 60F will be the second lowest maximum temperature for a January on record at RDU. And on a month with no snow (so far...) to show for it, too. It does seem like we often get mid-winter thaws, but I never realized how consistent they truly are.

Really interesting how some folks like to complain about how we moderate and some don't. We can't get everything but we try and during busy times we will moderate a little tighter, nothing new here.

Really interesting how it seems biased. Seems it's okay for some folks to joke in the storm thread but a meme in the pattern thread is moved. Just saying it seems to be different based on who posted.

I will admit I was pretty surprised when I saw that 60F will be the second lowest maximum temperature for a January on record at RDU. And on a month with no snow (so far...) to show for it, too. It does seem like we often get mid-winter thaws, but I never realized how consistent they truly are.
I think it’s because everyone mostly likes cold and snow and let’s the inner weenie lose sight of just how normal a lot of our torches are . I mean even if you got back to the snowy and cold 1961-1990 normals January had a mean maximum of 70.

Really interesting how it seems biased. Seems it's okay for some folks to joke in the storm thread but a meme in the pattern thread is moved. Just saying it seems to be different based on who posted.
It's not biased, sometimes it timing..... like I said during busy times (model run pbp, etc) moderation will be tighter, especially as we near an event and more people are visiting the thread. You have to realize that during those times we also pick up a large amount of guest traffic, people just interested in reading actual discussion so yes post are more likely to get moved or deleted.

10 days of misery per forecast , no end to the misery in sight . Just get to watch places to the sw enjoy being toasty while I freeze my balls off to cold rain , maybe even ice and sleet as well. Great. Second lowest Jan max ever as well, probably going to be a record low number of 60 degree days this winter ( for reference roughly 1/3 winter days on average break 60). I really don’t want to hear a peep out of y’all about heat or torch when we do warm up ! None ! Stg I’ll lose my nice side and have no mercy . 100/80 temp/ dew combos this summer in eastern nc, with drought in western nc, upstate sc, and north ga into north Alabama and north miss! The towing guy has spoken .
Drought in Western NC? And I thought we were new BFF's. I wanted the warmth too ------!

It's not biased, sometimes it timing..... like I said during busy times (model run pbp, etc) moderation will be tighter, especially as we near an event and more people are visiting the thread. You have to realize that during those times we also pick up a large amount of guest traffic, people just interested in reading actual discussion so yes post are more likely to get moved or deleted.

Okay, if you say so. I think the moderation could lighten up a bit if it isn't whining and complaining in other threads since that's what this is supposed to be for.

Why isn't Eric posting on here anymore?

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

See post below that SD made earlier... thanks

There were a couple timeouts given based off of the interactions over the weekend. I believe Webb can come back at midnight:01

Okay, if you say so. I think the moderation could lighten up a bit if it isn't whining and complaining in other threads since that's what this is supposed to be for.
Your concerns are duly noted and relayed to the management team.... thank you for deciding to fly with Southernwx for all your FREE weather discussion, info and data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back