• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing like another over-performing wedge rain. Not making it out of the mid 40's and over .4" qpf....
Forecast was 52-54 and .1-.2"
Suckfest in the upstate

I remember driving up 77 with my dad the day after that storm, it was nothing short of wild seeing the snow banks on the side of the interstate get higher and higher as we approached Rock hill, which jackpotted in that storm. Depressing storm for us Lexington people, as we got hours of rain and sleet with a 30 min switch to heavy snow. Only had to get as far North as Blythewood and the ground was covered.

We were referring to the January 24-25, 2000 snowstorm. I believe you're referencing the late February 2004 snowstorm. The latter storm sucked for me as well. I recalled having about 45 minutes or so of snow and sleet after it practically rained on and off all day.

The former, which is known as the "Surprised Snowstorm" or "Carolina Crusher," was a thing of beauty (particularly to many folks in Central and Eastern North Carolina).

Facts! I feel ya
Yeah its amazing how bad we've struggled lately. The upstate at least along and north of 85 used be almost guaranteed at least one 1-3 inch storm a year. I haven't had more than a dusting since Dec 2018. Still got Feb and half of March but I have to be honest I'm losing hope this year. 1st of January I never thought we'd make it to Feb snowless. Yet here we are.

If you have issues with posts use report. If we get a bunch of reports about a post or repeated reports about a person they recieve warnings. After a certain amount of warning points people start receiving short term time outs. You can also pm a mod or admin I've checked our PMs work.

This whole vigilante justice and "defending" yourself doesn't make things better. Thx

Ps I'm not trying to call anyone out or make anyone an example. We need to establish a little bit of order within the site

My bad. I sometimes engage my mouth before I think about repercussions. I have taken my fair share of punches in the mouth IRL due to it. LOL. I’ll try my best to refrain. I apologize sir.

Yeah its amazing how bad we've struggled lately. The upstate at least along and north of 85 used be almost guaranteed at least one 1-3 inch storm a year. I haven't had more than a dusting since Dec 2018. Still got Feb and half of March but I have to be honest I'm losing hope this year. 1st of January I never thought we'd make it to Feb snowless. Yet here we are.

Per my elephant-like memory, I recall how we either had a true snowstorm or some sort of snow (ie, flakes flying, snowed but didn't stick, flurries) throughout the 80's with the exception of the winter of '80-81 and the winter of '85-86.

Heck! The early to mid-90's were similar as well. We even had a good run in the early 2000's. But nothing has touched the late 70's and most of the 80's in my lifetime. It snowed in early April of '87! LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back