• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That winter absolutely sucked, arguably as bad if not worse than 2011-12
Temperatures that winter weren't super warm either (Dec and Feb were actually near-below normal). Followed a record breaking hurricane season just like this year, an interesting coincidence if somehow central NC gets shut out all winter.

We've already surpassed 05-06 that was the worst winter ever
Temperatures that winter weren't super warm either (Dec and Feb were actually near-below normal). Followed a record breaking hurricane season just like this year, an interesting coincidence if somehow central NC gets shut out all winter.

Yeah I mean we've had several trace events already, one of them on Christmas morning at that. I think I'll have to make a quick map or something for the little sleet mixed w/ rain we had today because there were lots of mPING reports in the Triad & Triangle area of sleet. For the Triangle area, it would be the 5th-6th time we've had snow or sleet in the air already this season. Central & SW Wake Co haven't been shutout this winter, thanks to the 7th-9th storm

1611253483778.png

1611253497870.png

1611253505280.png

1611253519786.png

Yeah I mean we've had several trace events already, one of them on Christmas morning at that. I think I'll have to make a quick map or something for the little sleet mixed w/ rain we had today because there were lots of mPING reports in the Triad & Triangle area of sleet. For the Triangle area, it would be the 5th-6th time we've had snow or sleet in the air already this season. Central & SW Wake Co haven't been shutout this winter, thanks to the 7th-9th storm

View attachment 66877

View attachment 66878

View attachment 66879

View attachment 66881
Combined with perhaps 10-15 mega frosts now I think we are sitting at 6 inches of frozen rn. That’s pretty good !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back