• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to ride the -NAO off the cliff if I have to. Even as bad as the Pac is if we hold it thru Feb I refuse to believe something decent won't pop east of the mountains. Especially I85 north and west. Not sure about I20 anymore.
Woah ? I’m surprised, but I agree !

I think how bad the pattern is as modeled is probably being overrated. The bigger issue is it feels like any winter threat is always d8-10 and we slowly trend to meh cold rain as we get closer.

Yeah, I'm sure it's not a lights out period honestly, I'm just playing around a bit something could pop with some CAD. But it's one where it's just so extraordinarily meh to me that I'm not expecting anything. The -PNA is just too negative and strong. I still think the southern conus ridging will both keep the storm track too far north and keep the cold bottled up in the NW. Well....yeah I hate it.

Yeah, I'm sure it's not a lights out period honestly, I'm just playing around a bit something could pop with some CAD. But it's one where it's just so extraordinarily meh to me that I'm not expecting anything. The -PNA is just too negative and strong. I still think the southern conus ridging will both keep the storm track too far north and keep the cold bottled up in the NW. Well....yeah I hate it.
Well one thing I can almost guarantee you is the 11-15 day forecast is wrong. It has been all winter and will change for better or worse. Not sure about your backyard but the -NAO in 09-10 brought me tremendous pain until the end of Jan first of Feb. That was a Nino and was a lot colder than this year but the -NAO finally did work.

? Just a reminder, no torch doesn't mean winter doesn't still suck. Thank you for your attention. ?
I may be the minority on here, but winter without snow sucks regardless of temps. I dont like cold but its a necessary evil to get what I want.

Last edited:
While we haven't torched, this has definitely been a nothingburger winter. I'd love for something to actually become feasible to be able to suck me in.

Just not much there really. I did watch some snow feeds recently.

I miss snow.

At some point, I think I need to move, but I will never be leaving the south.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back